Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1439 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joinin' in.

I just got my '82 Interstate. What a different ride this beast is. I've ridden bikes all my life and a bike was my only transportation for about 10 years. I've ridden a big variety of bikes, lot of sport bikes and lately some cruisers, but this is a whole different beast. Been getting used to it riding to work and plan to take a few road trips soon.

I was riding a friend's cruiser and the girlfriend wasn't very comfortable on the back. This will change things. Anybody else going to be at the Oyster Run in Anacortes WA?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Best Friend...

Hi one and all, from the south coast of the UK, Dorset.
want to chat to people from home and away.
to people with the same passion for the wing, trike or bike.
maybe make some friends on the way, the blue trike to your left is my girl, much loved toy...
all the best

Rhys

·
Registered
5 Posts
New GL1800 in Colorado!!!

I just inked the deal on a 2008 Wing - I'll take delivery a week from Tuesday. After riding my 04 VTX1300 to Banff this summer and chatting with a lot of wing owners along the way, I decided it was time to move up. The dealer let me take the new bike for a short ride - WOW!!! - this bike puts a smile on one's face:D:D:D

I look forward to a lot of great miles with this bike. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all!!!

Well hello everyone! Am excited to talk to you all. Currently riding a mid-size cruiser and thinking about going to a Wing... brother has a new one and he and his wife love it. Looking forward to discussions on Wings and insight on what to look for...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newb

Hi. Just started riding in May, put 5k on an 03 SilverWing. Wanted to move up for 2up riding with wife. Bought an 85 LTD with 85k on the odo. Had been somebodys baby for a while and got sold x2. Now mine!!! Took it out today for maiden voyage. Sweet. Hoping to get cleaned up and out once a month over the winter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi

HI I'm an owner of a 2003 vtx 1800S and I'm looking at wings now i ride two up a lot, I still plan on keeping the X and making it a solo rider :D for those few times i get out on my own

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not alone

Hiatus in my riding career for 27 years, then got back in saddle. Just after getting married, my wife hated being on the back, and I hated her being there, because she couldn't get comfortable with the lean. Scared of suburban Atlanta traffic anyway, I sold the bike. Moved to PA and NH, raised 3 kids, still got the wife, just not trying to get her back on a bike. Last 10 years had a string of various old Hondas, see my Silver vs. Gold post in General Discussion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello from SE Minnesota

Hello to all, My wife and I have been riding two up on an 82' Interstate for 4 years now. We are both very busy and struggle to get 3,000 miles a year on the bike. We seem to only do day trips and perhaps the occasional overnight. My wife is considering taking the MF course in the spring. I have ridden various bikes since childhood. My first bike was a 1959 Sears/Puch Moped. Then in 1975 I bought a 74' Kaw 500 triple. Then 3 years later a 71' Yamaha xs650. Then in 80', children came and the motorcycling stopped until 1995 when I bought a 81' Yamaha xs1100 in January sight unseen for $400 bucks. Once I cleaned the grime off it, it turned out to be in pristine condition. New battery and tires and I rode that bike for 8 years. With 88,000 miles and burning oil I sold it for.......you guessed it $400 bucks. We love our 82' Interstate but dream of a 1500 or even 1800. Hope to learn lots about my bike and share some of my knowledge as well.

Thanks for a great forum!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
seeking info

I joined this forum in hopes of gaining information. After taking 28 years to raise my sons I've gotten back on bikes again. I bought a small yamaha ("83" 500 VX) to get myself back into the saddle again.

Now I'm considering a new wing next summer but before I spend the money I'm gathering as much information as I can. So far the wing is on the top of my list but I'm still looking at the Victory, I've ruled out the harley ultra.

·
Registered
32 Posts
HI - 1983 Goldwing newbie

Greetings! i just purchase my first bike and it is a Goldwing. Though she has some years she only has 34,000.00 miles on her. she has some minor issues but i love the bike. i have lots of questions so hang on! :)

j

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, Pete from Melbourne Oztraylia..................

Hoping to meet you all as we go along..................

I am a sportsbike rider with a penchant for the lovelly wing..............

Speak to you soon :D

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello All,

Considering purchasing a 1984 Aspencade w/22K and seems to be in good shape from the pics,I will do walk thur this weekend. So, should I have any mechanical concerns. Seeing the bike is 20plus old.. I currently have a 1996 G/w I want this one for the wife..

·
Registered
32 Posts
things to look for...

I am pretty new to these bikes but from what i have read the carbs seem to be a possible issue to look for. (making sure they are jetted and tuned correctly. Other things i have found is checking on brake lines, master cly, etc. I think the model you are looking at has a digital cluster so there are a number of electronic things to look at and make sure they are all working. Good luck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a history of motorcycles from cafe style to racing motocross. I had to give up racing because of my back problems. I purchased a 2006 Honda ST1300 because it was the closest thing to a wing I could afford. I went on a few trips and after the last weekend trip my wife told me to get a wing. I don't think she thought I would do it but last Saturday I went to the dealership I always purchase from and made a deal. My wife was out shopping so what could she say? Well the bike was delieverd before she got home so she couldn't change her mind at that time. I have owned it for almost one week and only have been able to move it around in the barn due to the snow outside. I am praying for sun!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Goldwing owner Saturday the 20th

Hi all, picked up my 2009 Wing w/Navi, XM,ABS, graduated from my 2004 Harley Dynaglide. This bike is AWESOME! A little apprehensive at first..... 70 mile drive to pick up, biggest bike ever, ride home to still- snow- on-the-ground Palmdale in California bumper to bumper traffic. I couldn't find the turn signals, the horn, and almost ran out of gas! But the ride was great. Now, how do I tell the wife how much it cost? :eek:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, another TN rider checking in from the gl1800rider.com board. My 02 Wing has 86K trouble free miles. Looking hard at the 09 ABS/Airbag model, yellow of course. Guess I will have to change my handle to bc09.

21 - 40 of 1439 Posts