Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few weeks ago about how my bike was running and we all chatted about the use of seafoam, which I decided to give it a shot.
After using it, and not really seeing any differences, I continued to ride through maybe another full tank of fuel. On the way in one day, the bike starts to lose power, had 3/4 tank of fuel but it felt like it was running out of gas. I hit an exit and sat and idled for a few minutes. seeing if it would just die. it did not. After a few moments, I revved it a bit, response was good. I took it down the on ramp and headed back to a 70mph finishing ride to work with no problems. That was ohhh 3 weeks or more. Today, not only same thing, same dang exit. same feel, same response, rode it rest of the way in. Im thinking the sea foam might have cut some gunk loose thats to big to make it rhough the system and its starving. then when I stop and idle, the gunk drops out of the way. at least, from and old car guy, that sounds plausible. and it just probably happens when that stuff just hits the carb system. Im not to worried, was hoping to get into winter before tearing into it, but Im a bit concerned about running out of power in 3 lanes of 70mph traffic on the highway with big rigs all around and no where to go. back roads for me on the way home.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Your theory sounds plausible. If I faced the same situation, I'd increase the concentration of SeaFoam so that it dissolves that goo and all good.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Refresh my memory, have you replaced the fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Replace the fuel filter.
Before installing the filter check out input and out tubes on the filter, and sand off any ridges left over from the injection molding process. That little ridge has been known to causes leaks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya know what, in all my excitement of all I was doing, I never did change or even look at the fuel filter. think I will just go pick one up this weekend. what was I thinking, thats a pretty green horn mistake :eek: oh well, thats why I have all you friends to keep me in line. next thing is to take pics of all my floorboard parts so ya ll can help me put that together. so much to do, so little time....well I get to ride it to work 120miles a day. I mean, I bought it late spring and put 7k already. ...hmmmm makes me think better check them tires closer lol.

thanks all.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
No green horn stuff here just alot of info from all that know. thats Y I keep coming back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.