Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OD light doesn't work. How involved is it to get to the back of the instrument cluster to replace the bulb? Or do I look at a sending unit first (is there one?- how do it know?)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
When you turn the key to the ON position does it light up? If doesn't than it's probably the light bulb and not the sending unit. I really don't remember what all is involved in changing it but I do remember that there are 2 bulbs on the 1500 dash you can get to by reaching your fingers under the dash. If not it's not that big a job to remove the dash. You probably will be better off to remove it and replace all the light bulbs at one time. They have little blue covers on them, use them on the new bulbs.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I don't know Joe, on my 93 the OD light don't come on till you are in 5th. The cruise lights come on when the key is first turned on but not the OD.
If you got small hand you might be able to get your fingers back under the dash enough to get the bulb out. Remove the panel around the Key and the space filler plastic in the fork tub next to the left fairing pocket.. If you decide to remove the dash replace them all. It's not a hard job just involved. Windshield has to come off, the radio panel pulled back, which involves removing the seat.. Time consuming job.
From the Northwest corner.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts