Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my '12 Wing yesterday and put 100 miles on it. There were alot of differences that I felt but maybe it was just because I came from riding a '09 Honda Shadow Spirit.

1. Sitting still the bike feels so heavy and I was uneasy at first thinking that I would tip it over on my first turn. The truth was it was easier to turn and handle than my Shadow ever thought it could be, even at low sppeds

2. How I ever lived without cruise control I will never know! To all the guys that think it not a big deal and can live without it, your fooling yourselves.

3. I didnt have a windshield on Shadow and know I now that it was a mistake not to have one. At 70+ mph I felt like I had to hang on in case the wind blew me off. I hate the wind in my face and now I get virtually none.

4. I never have gotten so many people saying that they love my bike. Fellow co-workers that dont even like motorcycles say that they would ride that in a second. (except for the Harley guys, lol)

Cant wait to do my first long distance trip.....Going on vacation in July was going to drive the car but now I'm thinking I can talk the wife in to take the Wing.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I bet you still look like this; :D!

Trust me, we all do. :)

I bet you're asking yourself, "What took me so long?"

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
10-4 Zuse. She is the most well behaved bike for her size. I came off a 1300VTX and never felt as comfortable and secure on it like I do now on the Wing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride! Two years ago, I put in a 3000mi round trip from VA-TX on a Honda VTX1300. It was near 100F and bright 'n sunny the entire way down and back and with my loud pipes, the ride was not only hot, but deafening and therefore more tiring that it should have been. I remember seeing lots of Wings on the way and every rider looked calm, cool (must have been a mirage), and collected - as if they could have ridden for days on end, while I, on the other hand, had a headache and without cruise control, wrist numbness that just wouldn't stop as a ton of road vibration traveled across the handlebars. I envied every GW rider I saw on that trip :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good luck with your new Wing.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Welcome to the :D crowd of Wingers.
And Welcome to the GWOF some fine folks hang out here.
Let us know where you're going on that long trip, might find some members along the way to buy you a cup of coffee, maybe even a local tour guide.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
10-4 Zuse. She is the most well behaved bike for her size. I came off a 1300VTX and never felt as comfortable and secure on it like I do now on the Wing.
My previous ride was a VTX1300 as well, and while I enjoyed it, it just wasn't in the same league with my Wing. The more you ride it Zuse, the more you're gonna like it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just got my '12 Wing yesterday and put 100 miles on it. There were alot of differences that I felt but maybe it was just because I came from riding a '09 Honda Shadow Spirit.

1. Sitting still the bike feels so heavy and I was uneasy at first thinking that I would tip it over on my first turn. The truth was it was easier to turn and handle than my Shadow ever thought it could be, even at low sppeds

2. How I ever lived without cruise control I will never know! To all the guys that think it not a big deal and can live without it, your fooling yourselves.

3. I didnt have a windshield on Shadow and know I now that it was a mistake not to have one. At 70+ mph I felt like I had to hang on in case the wind blew me off. I hate the wind in my face and now I get virtually none.

4. I never have gotten so many people saying that they love my bike. Fellow co-workers that dont even like motorcycles say that they would ride that in a second. (except for the Harley guys, lol)

Cant wait to do my first long distance trip.....Going on vacation in July was going to drive the car but now I'm thinking I can talk the wife in to take the Wing.
I went from a Honda 250 Reflex and a 1971 BMW R75 to a 1990 GL1500 SE and I have to say after the initial jitters its much easier to ride even at low speed/ high speed that both the others. Love the cruse too especially with carpel tunnel in both wrists.
I'm sure the 2012 1800 is easier that the 90 1500 too. Congrads on the new babe PS don't tell the dear wife how much you love your Wing LOL :D:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
most of those imitation harleys offer the harley style but not comfort. congrats on the wing and welcome to GWOF zuse
and on #4 those harley riders just will not admit to you that they would ride a goldwing

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and enjoy the ride

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Congrats on your brand new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy a great motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Keep that big Smile and just enjoy. A great ride.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Kind of makes ya want to give her a big hug don't it? Em, the Wing that is;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing and welcome to these forums. It'll take a while to get the feeling on the Wing, about 250 miles, LOL! Just remember, what the bike wants, the bike gets!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.