Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Charter Life Member of the AMA. My only previous Gold Wing was a 1975 GL1000, bought it new. I've been through a lot of street bikes since then, most of them Yamaha. Most signifigantly I rode a 1984 Venture Royale 'till 2004. That's a long time for one touring bike. Meanwhile we spent a lot of time in the southern California deserts, lots of different toys. Along with two sons (now adults and on their own) and the at-that-time spouse, we really enjoyed off-road.

I recently decided that I wanted to ride a GL 1800, it will probably be the last motorcycle that I buy. Found a 2007 Audio, has CB radio and fog lights already installed, decent price. It is the metallic black, maybe not my favorite color, but it does look good when polished up and sitting in the sun-light.

I have added Kury Heel-toe shifter, Kury travel trunk and saddle bag chrome moldings with LED lights, 2 Kury antenna mount flags. Also Add-On hitch and the necessary wiring to pull trailer that I already have.

My first maintenance chore will be check/change the air filter. From what I've read so far it's not a simple job. Any hints to make it easier would be appreciated.

Wow, that's enough for now. Thanks for reading.

Barnstormer

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Think you're old, I was at Jacksonville Beach for the Florida state rally some years ago and the prize for the oldest rider who actually rode to the event went to a gentleman 92 years young. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Nice looking Wing and welcome to the forum. Your only as old as you feel. So feel young on your new Wing and ride safe..

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome and nice looking wing in my opinion you can't beat a black bike with lot's of chrome.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Yes the filter change is pita but not terribly hard, just time consuming and lots of tupperware to remove etc. patience man, patience and a shop manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts