Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I ride with a group called the Salt City Riders from Syracuse, NY. We are not fussy what brand of bike you ride. There are many Wings and Harleys, a few Yamahas and Kawasakis . Every summer the group does a 3 or 4 day group trip.
This year we went to Lincoln, NH. It was a fantastic trip. There were a total of 25 bikes and 1 support truck. All but 4 bikes were riding 2 up. With this many people/bikes it takes a lot of planning. We rode in 2 groups, each with a leader and a tail gunner connected by CB. At the predetermined gas/rest stops the support truck was waiting with tables set up with water, juice, fruit and various snack ready for the grabbing.
The first and last days were 350 mile days. The other 2 days were shorter trips around the area. Lincoln is a great place to play and ride. Kancamagus pass is awesome. A couple bikes took the road to the top of Mt. Washington, some people took a zip line ride, others shopped, some played disc golf, all ate and had fun. We all stayed at the same hotel and one room was the hospitality room where everyone partied at night as much as they road during the day.
It hasn't been determined if we're a motorcycle group that likes to socialize or a social group that like to ride motorcycles. We do love to ride and love to have fun. We’re not sure of next year’s destination yet.
The only bike that had any issues was a Harley but I'm sure that doesn't mean anything. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip. Always more fun (and safer) when you ride in a group. Any pics for us to see? We like pics.. Makes us feel like we were along for the ride.

Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have many pics but I am computer challenged. All the files are like 2 meg or so and the limit to upload to this site is around 15K and I don't know how to shrink the files.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NH pics

I have many pics but I am computer challenged. All the files are like 2 meg or so and the limit to upload to this site is around 15K and I don't know how to shrink the files.
I think I figured out the picture process. Here goes.

This is my wife fueling up.

We're all gassed up and ready to roll.

Rider may be closer than they appear.

A look behind

Following friendly skies.

The support truck with lots of goodies.

On the road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More NH Trip pics.

A stop for lunch.

Scenery around Lincoln.

I'm ready to eat again.

It was one great trip.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Wow, great trip and I appreciate the pictures. Sounds like a great group and a well organized trip. We do the same type of trips but not on such a grand scale. That pass is already on my bucket list and the pictures reinforce it. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
some nice pic's from what looks like a great ride. lets not bash the harley cause when we had our ride earlier this year the only bike to have problems was a goldwing

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Great pics.....You can't beat NH'S White Mountains for scenery....I only live about 20 mi from the Kanc. (that's what the locals call it) If any one can make it up this way it's well worth the trip.......There are several mountain passes in the area........I go off often and play in the mountains all day..............can't beat it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was decided at last night's club meeting that next years 4 day trip is back to Lincoln. We'll take different roads to get there and back and will ride different roads while we're there. It will be an entirely different ride to the same place. I think we have 27 bikes signed up, mostly 2 up. It will be fun!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts