Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get the fog light in my new Lower Front Cowl...I have fumbled the light and dropped it. Shattered:(.....

With that wonderful information, does anyone know where to find a lens for a fog light? Winginit has given me the company and an 800 number. Really hope I don't have to buy an entire set:(

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Story time. Remember that front fender extender I installed to add a bit of protection to the chrome lower front cowl ? I over tightened one side and developed a little stress fracture at the left side fastener point.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far aside from oil change, I have monkeyed up something on every modification. This one though looks to really cost me.

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Plastic and glass has little chance to defend itself against me. I'm better suited to work in a world made of steel and stone.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Ref, here's an idea to file under "too little, too late". Lay a piece of carpet pad down on the garage floor next time you work on the bike (not under the center stand, of course). It makes the concrete a bit less uncomfortable to kneel and/or lay on when working and it makes a nice cushion for falling lenses.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are so right...."Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want"

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
check the usual places, ebay, craigslist for someone parting one out.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check the usual places, ebay, craigslist for someone parting one out.
Yeah...checked those and O'rielly's. My next plan is to go to a car dealership and see if they may have a lens that may work. After that I am putting myself at the mercy of Electrical Connections.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Do you have any auto glass repair shops in your area. Maybe they can make one for you.. Just a thought... Good luck...

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any auto glass repair shops in your area. Maybe they can make one for you.. Just a thought... Good luck...
I actually thought about doing that....Anything will be better than buying an entire kit. Thanks:)

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
I'll tell you just what the Nurse in the E.R. told me last October when I mauled my fingers on the Table Saw. STOP DOING THAT.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lens at cyclemax are for 4"....The ones I need are 3". The search continues but we are getting closer

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to Winginit....I contacted Electrical Connections and the guys there were great. Turns out that lens can't be replaced with a plastic lens due to the heat. The lens comes with the housing. They are sending me a housing for around $30. Thanks again Mark.

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Thanks to Winginit....I contacted Electrical Connections and the guys there were great. Turns out that lens can't be replaced with a plastic lens due to the heat. The lens comes with the housing. They are sending me a housing for around $30. Thanks again Mark.
Looks like you might have gotten off easy. I'm going to take the path of least expenditure on my little fender fracture with some bondo material.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like you might have gotten off easy. I'm going to take the path of least income on my little fender fracture with some bondo material.
Definitely got off easy....Nonetheless, I think its high time you got home so you can walk the dogs.:)

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Final outcome...Electrical Connection $47.50 shipped. Got the lights installed yesterday.:):)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Love those lights Phil. I want some. My 95 Aspencade has those blank covers. I know yours is an 1800 but since the 1500 SE model has those lower fairing cornering lights I wondered if I couldn't install some amber lights in those same places? I don't need night time lights as I don't ride at night but was wanting for day time visibility. Amber is perhaps the mst hi viz lite.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love those lights Phil. I want some. My 95 Aspencade has those blank covers. I know yours is an 1800 but since the 1500 SE model has those lower fairing cornering lights I wondered if I couldn't install some amber lights in those same places? I don't need night time lights as I don't ride at night but was wanting for day time visibility. Amber is perhaps the mst hi viz lite.
Thanks Danny Boy...I thought about putting a blue cover on mine for more visibility. Amber should be great for day time.....anything to catch that eye.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts