Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an Iron Butt (Saddlesore 1000) candidate ride yesterday. I went around the southern end of Nova Scotia and then on to new Brunswick where I did a circuit before coming back to Nova Scotia. 1,678 km (1,042 miles) in 19 hours and 50 minutes. I know loops aren’t ideal for IBA runs; I have the needed records for gas stops at all the “corners” and I tracked my route with the Bubbler GPS app.

This is the longest ride I've taken on a bike and it gave me a new level of appreciation for my '08 Goldwing. I was enjoying the last hour as much as the first. No aches, no pains, no complaints about how the bike worked. It just delivered, flawlessly. It is however a bit of a bug magnet. :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Good for you! It's easy with the fastest color bike. Beautiful area that I've only visited once. But I'll be back.

Reactions: chuck65

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Congrats Chuck.

Reactions: chuck65

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chuck, congrats on the ride. I did mine on an 02 Wing many years ago. It's a great feeling of accomplishment to complete it. Make sure you have your paperwork in order before sending it in. The 2nd great feeling is when you receive your certificate. Unrelated to a Ironbutt ride. A friend and I rode from Alabama to Nova Soctia up through New Brunswick. Beautiful country and great riding. Originally we were headed to Newfoundland, but weather and time didn't allow us to make our intended destination. Still it was a great ride.

Socks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts