Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things to check on your cruise issue

Not sure it will help with a switch/button that don't set but,It has solved many switch/button problems on the Gold Wing, Go to Radio Shack and a can of their contact cleaner. Put some shop rags around the switch area, the cleaner won't hurt the plastic or paint, the rags just make clean up easier.
Now using the little red tube that comes with the cleaner, spray in around the switch while working it. If anything is sticking and hanging up in there this will free it up.

There is also a switch on the clutch that disables the cruise , If the button is staying in when pushed. You can try pushing out on the clutch lever just before setting the cruise. Some of the after market levers do not activate the switch. also make sure the pivot pin on the clutch lever is lubed and not sticking.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't vouch for how well it works with the cruise control, but it worked wonders on the horn button of my '89 GL1500. Went from intermittently working to working 100%. Good stuff. As a preventive, I'll squirt some around the turn signal and cruiser control this weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts