Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I took my darling wife out so she could get her meds and a pack of cigarettes at Wally-World.
OK!
That was the first mistake. You don't just "think" that a woman is just going for the things she was first planning on.
Here comes the second mistake. We get talking about this and that & the cart keeps getting filled up as she's going down the isles. This is usual with her. After checking out ($125.00 later) we get to the door & she goes do you realize that we took the bike?
Yegadz! I hope the trunk & saddlebags are empty. Thank God they were but that almost didn't help because she still had to hold a few bags. That was the first time I ever had so much weight on the bike. Brought the air rides up to 50 PSI & the bike still hardly bounced. It was a slow ride home. I'm glad we only live a few miles away from there.
So let this be a lesson to you other older people that have a sever case of CRS - don't take the wife shopping on the bike unless you only leave home with $10.00.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
BTDT, one year we went to an outlet mall just to look around, we forgot we were on the bike and bought a bunch of stuff. Stuffed it in every nook and cranny we could find. :(

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I Went Shopping Last Week On The Wing And Kinda Over Did It ... Nothing Real Heavy Just Bulky ... I Was Solo So Have No One To Blame Except ... - Me - Did Get A Really Nice Summer Riding Jacket That Was On Summer Close-out Sale ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
the box that my oilpan gasket came in was too large to go in the trunk or saddle bag, i had tocarry it on the luggage rack and use bungie cord

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, this is not a GW story but it applies... I am the athletics director for the Maine Highland Games, and one year while setting up for the games (We also camp there) I decided to tow my camper, and then catch a ride home to get my bike (I Live about 1.5 hours south of the games....)

Well, while I was home wrapping things up for a week away, I discovered that I had left a set of implements home and needed to transfer them with me. It was 2 56# weights, 1 28# and 1 14# weights... I stuffed them in the leather saddle bags on my 2004 VT750C cruiser and made the trip... now, my wife is about 9 stone, and this was 11 stone so not a huge difference (A "stone" is a measurement of weight and equals 14#'s) but having them that low on the bike, in the bags made for some intersting cornering!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts