Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone For starters got my stater fixed on my 81 GW thanks but it still isnt starting as easy as it did last year. I only have a problem when the bike is warmed up it startes easy when it is cold. When i have been riding it and stop for a short time or even an hour or so some time it turns over to many times before it starts but it always startes. I welcome any thoughts on the matter thank you for the help in advance.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
how is your battery

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am not that savey on mechanics...but my '81 GW had the same problem....I found that if I shut off the gas (pet cock) before shuting off the engine and then try starting the engine after it sat for a short period before turning on the gas it started right way...I was told that the carbs need rebuilding and that the heat of the bike was causing gas to leak into the cylinders thus flooding the engine...seats in carbs bad...? Still after two years have not rebuilt the carbs but the bike does not start well if I forget to turn off the gas...not sure if this helps...bring it up with a mechanic...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just a thought but you might disassemble the starter switch & clean the contacts. This has caused starting problems on many of wings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts