Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But going to look at a '96 model this weekend so maaaybe...

Im from a point that is as far east in the Great Lakes State as you can get...

I've been riding on and off since my first bike (1981 yamaha maxim 550 bought 4th hand while in the Air Force) in late 1991...

The last couple of years i added an '82 yamaha 750r (seca) a rare (less than 1,000 imported) '83 yamaha 900r (seca) and early last year, an '01 kawasaki zrx 1200r...

The yamahas have been relegated to "taking up space in the garage" status while the REX is serving admirably as my toured, cruiser and commuter...

My wife has knee replacements and needs a more upright, legs in a natural position seating set up so here i am...

Hope to move into the wing class and add this forum to my "daily check" list...

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Your wife will give you browny point for the comfort of the wing. Hope all goes well. Eric

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Ltdave. Yes your missus will really appreciate the comfortable seating of the Wing.:D It's all sunshine and lollypops back there in comparrison. If she thinks the Z is too much for her knees, she ought to try a stint on the pillion of my RVT:eek:...NOT! I have to give credit to anyone that rides pilion on a sport bike, that's not easy, even with good knees.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF , you will not make a mistake if you buy one that's for sure

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Greetins LT. You will be doing your little lady a big favor & yourself of course. Welcome to the GWOF site. We have a good bunch of people here & good discussion.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello ltdave, welcome to GWOF. i think you'll be riding home saturday on your new '96 wing

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. They say if the wife is happy everybody is happy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this bike is about 240 miles away, has 55,500 miles +/- and a sidecar...

my daughter had ear issues when she was just a nub and feels like were falling over when shes on the back of my other bikes so this might be the best thing all the way around...

im the president of chapter 99 of the Freedom Cruisers Riding Club (the greater Blue Water Area of Port Huron, Michigan) and its really a family oriented RIDING club but i cant take the family with me if neither can ride comfortably...

we shall see, we shall see...

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i will be heading you way ( port huron ) next weekend via m-29

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum,looks like a nice Wing. Like everyone said you can't beat a Wing for ride and comfort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts