Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be the place for this post as it isn't a real trip, but it is an experience.

I've had a Kawasaki Concours for the last 8 years and have loved it, but sad to say my wife only really rode one time with me. She did not like the ride or the feeling that she might fall off. When I bought the Wing, she said she didn't know why I was buying it as she would never ride, and I should have got a Hayabusa instead. (Thought had crossed my mind).

Today I talked my wife into trying a ride on the Wing. Weather for the ride was great, slightly cloudy with temps in the mid 80s. We rode to an area lake about 30 miles away and she was enjoying the ride. I kept the cruising speed at about 50-55 on the two-lane roads with very little traffic. We killed some time - too much as it turns out - and headed back home.

The first sign of what was to come was the clouds and the rainbow - yep, right into the rain we went without rainsuits. The storms that had been stationary for most of the day had decided to finally move. Some of the rain was heavy but the Wing handled the streets without a problem. We made it home and my wife was actually laughing about getting soaked to the bone - she had still enjoyed the ride.

I think I have a riding partner now, and hopefully we will share many miles on the Goldwing together.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
For 2 up riding it's hard to beat the Gold Wing.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
If it wasn't for that back seat, I'd have no reason to be here. Mz. Vickie doesn't fly on airplanes or get on elevators, fears thunder and lightning, etc. But damn if she won't " jump " on that Goldwing. The passenger portion of this bike is not a design afterthought.

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Promethius, Hope your new arrangement works well & she loves the ride. I must say that you approached the situation just as I have advised many times when guys say their wife won't ride. Taking it easy is the best way to convert them. Good for you.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Promethius, my wife's nick is Velcro cause everytime I look around, she's stuck on the back. She truly loves it. Says it's the only place she has no responsibility (except to stay on and that should be a given :eek:) I have only gone solo a handful of times and it feels weird when I do.
Welcome to the forum and ride safe,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
It's always fun when you have the wife as a riding partner. Lots of good memories.. Ride safe..

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bev and I have just been married for 4 years. She had ridden one time in her life and it ended in a crash. I on the other hand loved my bikes. She would ride but face it sport-tour is not made for co-riders. Upon her request we looked at Wings and bought one. Now she's the one that can't wait for the next trip and the one buying all the farkels. I have created a fiend when it comes to two wheel travel and heck I like it that way. :D

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
no suits ?

Pro, I have to ask - all those compartemts and no rain suits. But hey, she had fun and it sounds like she will go again. I ride solo, wife wont go.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pro, I have to ask - all those compartemts and no rain suits. But hey, she had fun and it sounds like she will go again. I ride solo, wife wont go.
lol, I had one rain suit, and I asked her if she wanted to put it on, and she turned it down. I sure as heck wasn't going to wear it if she didn't. ;) I am going to get another rain suit to carry though.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hi Pro

Pro your logic is excellent. Come to think of it I have one rain suit in my wing. W never rides. If she does we can bet it will rain and guess what? I'll be in the same space on how to divvy up one set of Frogg Toggs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts