Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 500 blissful miles since I bought her, today I brought my 2010 into the dealership for winter storage. I could not seem to get myself to leave the place. I am told I can visit her when I feel the need. Going to have to do just that and frequently (would that be weird?), or move from Minnesota so I can ride year round.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
After only 500 blissful miles since I bought her, today I brought my 2010 into the dealership for winter storage. I could not seem to get myself to leave the place. I am told I can visit her when I feel the need. Going to have to do just that and frequently (would that be weird?), or move from Minnesota so I can ride year round.
i know how you feel frosty but i'm going to take advantage of some good weather this weekend so my last ride will most likly be monday then its hibernation time for he wing

·
Registered
838 Posts
Winter Storage -

Hey Frosty, I'm sure that there are several members in a warmer climate who would be glad to take care of your bike this winter for you. If you weren't so far from Texas I'd volunteer to store it - shoot I'd even ride it a couple of times a week to keep fresh gas in her.....:)

Those 1800's are nice bikes - I made the mistake of taking one out for a test ride and I've had the up-grade bug ever since.

Michael

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
"I am told I can visit her when I feel the need."

Conjugal visits with your Wing.....:p

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
I feel your pain. Mine has been in the garage since Sandy came through. Looks like that is where she will stay until spring.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thank God for Texas. I feel awful if she sets for two or three days at any time though the year. 105 degrees I will take and ride in it in place of putting her up for the winter. Wow, can't imagine having to do that, and I was raised in Michigan. Lol

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Can't even comprehend putting it up for the Winter....Bless your heart

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still riding here in NY, 60 degrees this Sunday! Woohoo!

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
So sad and I understand your pain. I grew up in Michigan and my first bike spent the winters in the basement with my roommates bikes. (Three of us) We had them out before the snow was gone.

I've been down here in Mississippi for almost 31 years and do enjoy taking the bike out year round. If it helps we don't mind y'all snow bound living vicariously through us Southern riders.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
" If it helps we don't mind y'all snow bound living vicariously through us Southern riders."

That's very kind of you, Mark. Hey, you know what would be REALLY nice and fitting to the Christmas season? For all of you in warm US climes to make us chilly willies a magnanimous offer: "Get anywhere near my home and you can borrow my Wing for 3 days!"

Now THAT would REALLY nice!:eek::p:D

Don't think I'll hold my breath!......:)

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
" magnanimous offer: "Get anywhere near my home and you can borrow my Wing for 3 days!"
Well, if it's riding weather then I'll be on mine and I doubt you want to be on the back. But if you do get down here I'll bet I can find a bike to borrow. I've got a friend whose second bike is a Victory and I'll bet he would lend it out as it hardly ever gets ridden. So come on down!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I live at 5400 feet of elevation in Colorado. I ride all year unless there is ice on the road. I do have a nice garaqge for Lil Red to keep her warm and dry so I can spend the snow days making her pretty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I refuse to put her into storage. Days like today and tomorrow lets you get her out and gallop down the road. even in dead of winter we dont get enough snow to put her away. I put my Gerbings gear on and go as long as there is no salt, snow or ice on the roads.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts