Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

I skipped the "intro" with my first post, as I was not sure I would buy the machine I inquired about. I've bought it now, and suppose its time to "officially say hello". I just bought an '83 interstate with 43k on the clock. It needs some tuning and maintenance items, as it was not as diligently maintained as I would like,but the price was right ($1350), and runs well. I currently ride a 1974 CB750 (4-cyl), and 1972 CB350 (twin). I put over 9k annually on them (total). I have been looking for something my wife can join me on, and this old 1100 should do it. As a machanical fella, I know what I need to do next, and I hope to find links to some good vendors from you folks. Thanks for having all this info here!

Chris/Fabricator

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good for you Fabricator, I had a feeling you'd pull the trigger. 1st GL I ever rode was an '83 (and I also was on a 750C at the time), just swapped seats with my buddy for a couple hours...hooked me good. p.s. I miss my '75 sohc often, but not the seat.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! After tooling around on the "new to me" GL today, I took the "O'l CB750" home... I felt very small... It is already in the mid/low 40's here in North GA in the mornings, so I will be hurrying to get the GL tuned up and running properly; the CB has no windscreen or fairing!

Cheers,

Fabricator

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello fabricator and welcome to GWOF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts