Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
North Texas Day Ride

I know this is short notice but we just got details worked out.

Saturday, Feb2, Willmax, DanB, and I will meet at the QT gas station in Duncanville, [email protected] Hill Road. Bladders empty, gas tanks full, and feet up at 9AM.

We'll take a long route to Glen Rose, about 2 hours. There, we'll decide if we want have lunch at Loco Coyote and go home from there or continue on to Stephenville for lunch (maybe Jake and Dorothy's or Hard 8 BBQ) and then home.

All are invited. If we turn around at Glen Rose we'll probably have about 3.5 to 4 hours of riding. Stephenville will add another 90 minutes to that. I know Bevman already has other obligations, but who else? JKMacdonald? Driver54? Anybody?

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Great to see. I wish you many smiles with the miles.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Sure wish I could come along. Have a great time and we'll look forward to the pictures!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Guys,
While it is true that Chapter M of the GWRRA does have a ride planned for Saturday the 2nd, I have convinced my wife that meeting up with the GWOF folks and doing a ride to Glen Rose would be much more beneficial for me than doing the chapter ride, besides I've not met Will in person yet and only met Dan once and I did not have my bike with me sooooo, I'm in for the ride with you guys on Saturday, looking forward to it.

Randy, you want to meet somewhere and go to Duncanville together? Let me know.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Mark, we will miss you too and wish you were closer. Steve, very cool you're going to make it. Looks like a great weekend forecast for riding.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100% of what Dan said. Steve is an unexpected bonus. This is gonna be good, real good.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
It looks as though my wife now wants to come along for the ride as well as another couple from Chapter M. Randy- You know Kristee and Wayne (they are our chapter couple of the year) also want to join us on Saturday, they have a 2003 1800.

We will probably meet you guys at the Loves truck stop there on Hwy 67 in Midlothian.

Don't forget to exit and pick us up on Saturday morning.

So we have Dan B, Randy, Will, Steve/ Kathy and Wayne/ Kristee

I think we will all have a great time.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I hope that Will actually exists, I see him on the form posting but have yet to meet or actually ride with him. Maybe he just has an avatar with a picture of an 1800.

LOL- just kidding but I would like to meet and actually ride with him.......someday!!!

Come on guys.......no one else from the DFW area?????

I see the new member postings all the time from the North Texas area, any of you guys/gals still riding?????

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm beginning to wonder if some of these "Texas" members are fictional characters created by our friendly Keystoners. I've ridden with Dan and Steve, and Dan has ridden with Will. But the others?

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
I'm beginning to wonder if some of these "Texas" members are fictional characters created by our friendly Keystoners.
We're not telling but if it makes you feel any better, We have the suspicion that the Canadians are creating fictional Pa. characters.;)

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're not telling but if it makes you feel any better, We have the suspicion that the Canadians are creating fictional Pa. characters.;)
At least you've got Canadiens sneaking down to Pa. to go on your rides. Albeit under aliases.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
At least you've got Canadiens sneaking down to Pa. to go on your rides. Albeit under aliases.
Yeah we're going to try to get Badrider down into Pa. again & get together.;)

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I go on weekend day rides with groups about 45 times a year (last year was 49). The guys I'm riding with tomorow, I've ridden with each of them before. The roads we'll be on, I've ridden hundreds of times. The places we might stop to eat, I've eaten at many times.

But I have seldom looked forward anticipating a ride like I am tomorrow. The rest of you are gonna wish you'd come along.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I go on weekend day rides with groups about 45 times a year (last year was 49). The guys I'm riding with tomorow, I've ridden with each of them before. The roads we'll be on, I've ridden hundreds of times. The places we might stop to eat, I've eaten at many times.

But I have seldom looked forward anticipating a ride like I am tomorrow. The rest of you are gonna wish you'd come along.
Ditto Randy. You're gonna love my new bike mod. Looks so cool. I'm getting allot of compliments on it. And I'm getting quite proficient at riding it too. Looking forward to the ride tomorrow. Riding up 175 to I20 and west to 67. Google says 2.5 hours. See you at 9am.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Couple minutes before Dan. We need to be gassed and rollin at 9am. Loco Coyote gets crowded very quickly and the service gets horribly slow. And with tomorrow's weather, it WILL be crowded.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Couple minutes before Dan. We need to be gassed and rollin at 9am. Loco Coyote gets crowded very quickly and the service gets horribly slow. And with tomorrow's weather, it WILL be crowded.
In that case; I-20 all the way from Tyler as it's about 30 minutes faster. I can ride 175 back home.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, you take the same riders you've been riding with, and the same roads you've been on since you started riding, and the same BBQ place you've been to 20 times and you expect "just another day ride". Well, my anticipation Friday night was right. Today was special.

Not just the same riders but some of the best. Not just the same roads, but roads you wnat to ride over and over again. Not the best food but better than average. Add perfect weather, low 60's, clear skies, and keep the sun at your back for the round trip.

Two two-wheelers and two trikes, 6 people, it was great!!!

Met DanB in Duncanville, picked up Steve "Bevman" and Kathy and Wayne and Kristie (non GWOF) in Midlothian, then a mostly two lane blacktop loop of about 250 miles. Lunch at Hard 8 BBQ in Stephenville and pie at the Pie Peddler in Glen Rose.

It really was special.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First shot is in the parking lot at Hard 8. Left to right is Dan, Wayne and Kristie, Steve and Kathy.

Second shot is at the Pie Peddler. Wayne, Kristie, Kathy, Dan, Steve and Randy

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts