Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone inthe North Ga Chattanooga TN area here has aftermarket exhaust on their 1800. I just purchased a 2015 40th a couple weeks ago and want to add some sound but not over powering at highway speeds since the OD is not a true OD. 80 MPH at 3500 rpm. SMH...

Anyway I would like to hear some in person if possible before buying anything.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Budoka has aftermarket exhaust, you cant hear it since he is in Canada, but you can contact him and he can describe it to you. His description sounds like what you are looking for...

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Don't mess with success. When you're cruising down the interstate at 85mph all you want to hear is nothing.
Huh???

:wink2:

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
We have a Canadian member who recently purchased a previously owned 1800 with aftermarket pipes. He found a set of stock pipes on the Internet and now he, and especially his co-rider, are happy. The flat six will never sound like a Harley.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
We have a Canadian member who recently purchased a previously owned 1800 with aftermarket pipes. He found a set of stock pipes on the Internet and now he, and especially his co-rider, are happy. The flat six will never sound like a Harley.
More like a 57 Chevrolet opened up.

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
Sorry. It's not my position to decide what's best for others. I have just never seen nor heard of this adventure ending on a happy note.

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
If you fellows would stop quoting me I could erase my tracks. The OP didn't ask for my opinion on after-market pipes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't mess with success. When you're cruising down the interstate at 85mph all you want to hear is nothing.
Oh no. I like some sound. My last bike I had open drag pipes on it.

I sold it to buy the wing because my wife had back surgery back in July. We tried but she couldn't ride it anymore. So we went to test ride several bikes and the win won.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really?

Man and I thought I could make it sound like a Harley.

Yes I know. I don't want it to sound like a Harley. If I wanted the Harley sound I could have easily bought the Harley instead since it was a close second for wife's comfort. But I'm not a Harley kinda guy never have been never will be.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
James, when I bought my '03, it already had Cobra pipes. At idle and average acceleration, I get a sound similar to a Porsche until about 2500rpm. Engine braking from 2500rpm and lower has a bubbling or gurgling sound. But above that 2500rpm, its a loud (to me) steady hum, very similar to tire noise. On a long stretch at highway speed, it will blend in with all the other noises in my head.

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
If you fellows would stop quoting me I could erase my tracks. The OP didn't ask for my opinion on after-market pipes.
Like that ever slowed you down before this......>:)

I like the stock too, but we sure have been hijacking a lot of threads lately. I may need an intervention.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.