Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It never gets old. I have a cabin near Murphy/Andrews NC, and live in Baton Rouge. I managed to get 9 days, and went up. I ride several "Loops" from the cabin. The weather was great last week, and got to ride rain free up and back and every day. Tellico Plains, Robbinsville, Andrews, Franklin, Sylva, Highlands, Hayesville Ga, and several other little towns are some of them in the "Loops". If you have never had the chance to explore this area, you should. Of course I had to run "The Dragon", the skyway, US28 from Deals gap to Franklin and Highlands, and HWY 60 and 180 in North Ga is nice.
2600 miles puts my 2010 (it will be 2 years old in June) to 32K miles. I wish I didn't have to work so much..
:D
The picture is a waterfall between Franklin and Highlands, and my current and last bike (now owned by my brother) on the Skyway between Robbinsville and Tellico Plains.

Just a note: I don't take a lot of pictures when I am up there. It is hard to work the camera and make all of the curves!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,082 Posts
And you didn't post any pictures WHY?????;)

Seriously, glad you had a great time.

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
Remember, it didn't happen if there's no pics!
Seriously though, sounds like you had a great run.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
sounds like you had a great time even though you don't have any pic's :)

·
Premium Member
7,939 Posts
I'm happy for you, Steve!

I used to live just south of Charlotte, NC for 10 years and had a lot of fine times riding with my kids throughout the area you describe, as well as the Shenandoah Valley in VA and the Outer Banks of NC. Beautiful country and really fine folks.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.