Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a day-trip last Saturday from Norfolk to Kitty Hawk on the North Carolina Outer Banks and back, less than 6 hours round trip. Most of the video was shot with a Contour Roam2 video camera mounted to my helmet. This is a new camera for me, and this was the first trip I have used it. The ocean surf shots were taken with a different camera. I also experimented a little with google-maps. N-joy.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Great Video SBG....I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed the sound track. You haven't been on in a while. Good to see you back. OH>>>>>BTW...Nice Helmet

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Great ride. You did a very good job putting the video together, felt like I was there:happay:

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
This should not be allowed :smiley_bitchfight:, I'm stuck up here in Canada with snow around me :cry:, when I look at this I want to ride. Now all can can do is watch this video and :drool2:. nice video.

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Looks like all works fine & a fine job you did as producer as well. Although I took my eyes of the screen right around the beach scene & thought for a minute you were "stunting" with the Wing.:huh::huh1:

·
Registered
708 Posts
My co-rider and I have to agree with flash, being able to get out and ride this time of year is so wrong on so many levels! Maybe the snow will be gone by April 1st. Glad the camera worked out so good and WE hope you enjoyed your ride!

·
Premium Member
11,298 Posts
Great vid. Thankyou for taking the time and sharing it with us. When I can get one of my young one to show me how, I will do a vid of the Adelaide hills.

·
Registered
51 Posts
great video

at the start it shows the route you took and google earth fallows that same root!

Was this traced by your GPS first and then google was able ton fallow? or did you enter all this free hand on the map itself?
curiouse mind wants to know :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great video

at the start it shows the route you took and google earth fallows that same root!

Was this traced by your GPS first and then google was able ton fallow? or did you enter all this free hand on the map itself?
curiouse mind wants to know :)
Hi Zoom. That bit at the beginning, where the little circle is seen traveling down the streets and turns, was done in the "google earth" program. I typed the first part of my route into "google earth", then clicked on a button that said "play tour". I used software to do a screen video capture while it was playing. I was mostly just playing around with mapping software that I'm not very familiar with.

I have tinkered with "google earth", "google maps", and my Garmin GPS. "Google earth" is kind of cool to watch the 3-D video of the little cursor following your route, but at least with the version I have, it is not a very powerful tool for route planning. "maps.google.com" is a much more sophisticated tool for serious route planning; you can "drag" a portion of your route to an alternate highway, and you can "search" for camping sites on the same screen display. My Garmin is an old one, and does not talk to either of these google products. So, once I figure out my route, it is often a challenge to get the Garmin to follow the same route. More modern GPS's will allow you to download from your computer to your GPS, which sounds pretty cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts