Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum Members!

I just signed up for this forum as I'm now in the process of finding my first used Goldwing.

I've ridden a Suzuki 800 for years putting many many miles on it, riding all over the West coast into Utah, Oregon, Idaho and Arizona. Where I live here in Northern California we have quick access to Hwy 49 and the gold country, we're lucky to be able to ride year round.

I just traded my beloved Suzuki for a new backyard, it also has given me an incentive to upgrade to a Goldwing! (My wife found riding on the back of the Suzuki uncomfortable and has always admired the seats on the back of Goldwings)

My budget for a used one is around $5,000. I know I can't get a brand new bike, but what should I expect for that price range? To be honest, I'm not a mechanic so reliability in an older model is important. Any suggestions out there?

Looking forward to spending time here on the forum!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome to the forum r8drz. I suggest looking for a 1500. You should be able to find one in that price range. Just make sure routine maintenance has been performed (belts, etc.) and it will give you many years of riding pleasure.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
One of my riding buddies has a beautiful 95, 1500 for sale, Just over 100,000 miles on it but it has has been well maintained, It's red with some really nice Pin stripping, modest amount of Ccccchrome, C/B He's asking $6,000
Located near Blaine, Washington
P.M me your e-mail and I'll see if he can send you a few pictures

OH Yeah; Welcome to the FORUM

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello r8drz, welcome to GWOF. with a little searching you'll find a 1500 wing in your price range

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First, welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Seems like a nice GL1500 is in your future. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Best of luck with finding your new to you old wing. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
1500, find the one that sings to you "Take me home". Very reliable.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome, sure looks like you're a candidate for a nice 1500 to me

·
Registered
45 Posts
run a craigslist search with filter set for goldwing, gold wing or one of the gl series you are interested in. I got my 1100 for $1100 in Rocklin, CA. Did about $500 in repair/renovation costs (not counting tires) and am happily riding around.

If you do need mechanical assistance, I'm in Woodland, other side of Sacto from you, but it's an excuse to ride.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Hello and welcome.
You can find some GL1500's in your price range. Like LarryinSeattle posted the Interstate model. The Aspencade and SE have all the bells and whistles. But you never know who may be selling the dressed Wing in your price range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts