Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there not a separate section for each GW? Seems like a chore to dig through all the engine threads just to find info on my 2005.
Just curious.
Not complaining. I am happy this site is here for me!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Year vs Model

Hey Joker, That is not a bad idea. But the problem would be deciding how to divvy up all the different bikes into the correct categories. The first level would be for the year, then the model, then comes the levels of add-on equipment, lighting and gizmos, then comes the beauty queens, then (my category) although very functional - the butt ugly bikes that are ridden hard and often put up wet....

I stopped for a quick hamburger one afternoon and parked along side a spotless Harley Davidson. Dusty old Beuford T Dudley (94 Goldwing) looked a little bedraggled when I came out.

Michael :)

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Why is there not a separate section for each GW? Seems like a chore to dig through all the engine threads just to find info on my 2005.
Just curious.
Not complaining. I am happy this site is here for me!
Just the way the site was setup I guess.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, now I have a 1st Gen 2005 and a 2nd Gen 2012....so maybe we can get this going. lol

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
...then comes the beauty queens, then (my category) although very functional - the butt ugly bikes that are ridden hard and often put up wet....

I stopped for a quick hamburger one afternoon and parked along side a spotless Harley Davidson. Dusty old Beuford T Dudley (94 Goldwing) looked a little bedraggled when I came out.

Michael :)

I'm a lot like you. I'd rather ride than wash. Heck, I can wash it all day and go ride and it's back to "rode hard and put up wet!" So what's the point? I clean my windshield most of the time and my headlights for riding after dark. That's about it. Oh, I'll spray it off at the car wash once in a while or I'm doing a charity ride. But looks like the Harleys I ride with them have showroom shine and low miles. What a waste. Lol.

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
I'm a lot like you. I'd rather ride than wash. Heck, I can wash it all day and go ride and it's back to "rode hard and put up wet!" So what's the point? I clean my windshield most of the time and my headlights for riding after dark. That's about it. Oh, I'll spray it off at the car wash once in a while or I'm doing a charity ride. But looks like the Harleys I ride with them have showroom shine and low miles. What a waste. Lol.

Never ride a Harley further than you are able to walk back.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Bwahahahahahhaha

Actually it could be done, but then you get a lot more sub-forums and it's hard to keep the site uncluttered.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I personally think that the goal of the site is to increase connections - people to people. Joker, you're kind of asking for a Clymer/Reference Manual of a site. So in working through the site, if you find a rabbit hole and discover 2 hours later that you forgot what you came for... well you are starting to get part of the reason for the site.
My 2 cents.
Tim

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
GoldwingFacts.com by Steve Saunders is the Manuals of Websites. Lots of history, tech stuff and even pieces of manuals and videos too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts