Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha and my name is Marci and I currently live in Hawaii, however the GL1000 is in California.

Here is a my story & maybe I can get some help.

My father bought a 1978 GL1000 about 5 years back. He rewired the whole bike, bought some new parts, and painted the fairings.
He passed away August 2010. He loved his Goldwing and had a Honda back in his hay day.
As for my self, I work in Hawaii at a Honda dealership, except I ride a CBR600RR.... a bit on the other side of the spectrum.
However, I would love to ride the GoldWing and keep it, but I can't touch the ground

Maybe someone can help. I am looking to sell the beloved GL. It runs; dad used to ride it to work occationally.

KBB priced it at $1600.... does anyone know what a fair price is, or know of anyone interested. I will be posting it to Craigslist, but I would love more if some GL enthusiast would be interested, so it can be appreciated.

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] I have some more photos I can email to anyone also.
I really wish I could keep it, this forum is inspiring for what this bike can be.

Mahalo (thank you) for reading.

Marci

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Marci,
Very sorry to hear of your loss. No doubt this is difficult to navigate the loss, the emotional ties to the bike and distance of the bike from you.

If the bike is in good shape and you want to sell it, then it seems that potiential buyers would have to see it to appreciate it. There isn't enough value to hop on a plane and check it out so I would stay local so far as advertising. Good idea to post all the forums as you are doing now.
NADA is what it is. No doubt there wil be low ballers. Best case would be if someone in CA could show it for you by appointment. You might find a dealer willing to put it on consignment for you if all else fails.

Maybe someone here will see this that lives in CA and contact you. By default, you should get this and any other text via emal. But understand that if someone sends you a private message here, you won't know about it unless you stop in and check. And that would be most likely the most important message to get.
Good luck with the endeavor. I wish you well and we will hope for a happy ending where someone will appreciate the bike. (They are out there).

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Marci I echo the sentiments love2ride mentioned. Wherever in California the bike is located is probably the place to start as far as advertising the bike goes. Choose your bottom line price carefully and then give yourself some room on the asking price. From what I see in the photo the bike is a sweetheart so don't short sell it. There is a section here to advertise so that's one freebe you can take advantage of. Best wishes.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Marci, sorry for your loss. Hope your Dad's Wing finds a good home. Wish I lived closer, I'd like to see it. Good luck and ride safe...

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mahalo!

Thank you all for the wonerful replies! The advice has been helpful. My mother & entire family live in CA so they are there to sell the bike. I'm just the only one in the family that got the passion from my Dad so that leaves me to do all the fussy stuff. I'm the one with the most bike knowledge. It's nice to hear that you all think highly of the bike. I'm checking with our local motorcycle shop today to see what parts my Dad had previously ordered for the bike, ask about consignment, and see if I need to have them check the bike out for a service for any reason.
Again thank you all so much, this forum has been my biggest help thus far :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts