Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... sort of. I have the Scala G4 Wireless headsets that require charging, by definition. The units come with a 110v (120v ) wall charger plug base along with a plug in cord which can also be plugged into a USB computer port for charging. The wall charger base reads on the back label " Output 5.0 Volts @ 1.0 A " . I have a car charger power plug adapter with a USB connection cable that is rated at " Output 5.0 Volts @ 2.0A.". There is a 1A difference between my car charger and the Scala G4 wall charger. I'm not an electrical engineer, I'm a Garage Door mechanic. Is the 1A difference in output irrelevant ?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The only difference is that the one can supply up to 2 amps and the other can supply 1 amp. It will or should work fine. Its the load that determines how much amperage is drawn. Probably means it has a little larger wire than the 1 amp.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
.... sort of. I have the Scala G4 Wireless headsets that require charging, by definition. The units come with a 110v (120v ) wall charger plug base along with a plug in cord which can also be plugged into a USB computer port for charging. The wall charger base reads on the back label " Output 5.0 Volts @ 1.0 A " . I have a car charger power plug adapter with a USB connection cable that is rated at " Output 5.0 Volts @ 2.0A.". There is a 1A difference between my car charger and the Scala G4 wall charger. I'm not an electrical engineer, I'm a Garage Door mechanic. Is the 1A difference in output irrelevant ?
Your usb charger will work to charge the Scala headset. Plan on it taking quite awhile as the USB limits it's output. I can charge my Kindle Fire off of my USB on the laptop. It takes 3 or 4 hours.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the G4 and charge it from whatever USB port is available. You're fine.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
I usually use the plug it in and try it method. If there's no "bzztttpfftttpllffftttt" then it's good to go. Don't ask what happens if there is:(:eek: freaking hate electronics:confused:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well the good thing so far is that ALL USB ports are standardized at 5.0v. As long as the computer mother board supplies 5.0v to the USB port, we will be safe. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
I usually use the plug it in and try it method. If there's no "bzztttpfftttpllffftttt" then it's good to go. Don't ask what happens if there is:(:eek: freaking hate electronics:confused:

Now THAT'S funny!!

:D :D

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Sparky. Never underestimate the power of the Empirical Method on your path to Understanding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts