Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll have my 2012 Wing this week :) so, I'm looking at new helmets. I currently use a Shoei fullface and I really like it. I'm leaning towards a flip-up and looking at the Nolan N90. Webbikeworld rated it high. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses this helmet, or rx on other flip ups.
Also, rx on the com equipment that I'll need to add to the helmet.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I use a Shoei J-Wing (open face) in the summertime and a Shoei Multitec (modular) in the winter and love them both. I wear glasses and Shoei helmets have channels for the earpieces, legs, arms or whatever they're called. Shoei helmets also offer removable cheek pads in assorted thicknesses to get that ideal fit. The multitec gives you the full face advantages with the ability to grab a drink or just cool down while in motion.

Thats my $ .02

·
Registered
24 Posts
One thing I learned at the local motorcycle expo - heads and helmets are in different shapes. The helmet reps would look at you, and point you to a brand they felt had a better fit for your head shape - essentially the width to length ratio. Anyhow - one helmets that perfect for one person isn't perfect for the other. I say go try them on and find the one that's most comfortable.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I, too, am in the market for a new helmet. The one I have will do temporarily, but it came with my scooter and doesn't fit me that well. I've been looking at the Shark Evoline II, but it's difficult to find in white & I think I want a white helmet???? My bike is red, but I heard that white helmets are much more visible than other colors. Shark's jaw portion integrates into the back portion of the helmet to cut down on wind drag.

My wife's helmet is white, but it is a full face & I think she's going to want/need a modular.

I also looked at the Nolan N90 & a little at the Shoei. Shoei seemed to be VERY comfortable but quite a bit more expensive.

I like the modular because I can pull it down into a full-face on the freeway or in cold weather, but open it up in warmer weather or to grab a sip of water.

·
Registered
402 Posts
One thing I learned at the local motorcycle expo - heads and helmets are in different shapes. The helmet reps would look at you, and point you to a brand they felt had a better fit for your head shape - essentially the width to length ratio. Anyhow - one helmets that perfect for one person isn't perfect for the other. I say go try them on and find the one that's most comfortable.
Definitely shop around and try them on. Youtube is a good source for product reviews as well. I visit local shops to confirm the size I need, then surf the web for the best price. If local shops are competitive, I buy locally.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I recently bought the Nolan N-43 Trilogy and I'm pleased so far. I had the J&M Elite690 communications system installed when I bought it. The sound is really nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts