Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anybody out there who has tried this Nolan MCS system:

http://www.n-com.it/site/index.php?...=category&layout=blog&id=45&Itemid=70&lang=en

The link is to the Nolan MCS which is especially made for Gold Wings. It seems like the ticket to me, but I am wondering how to use this as well as hook up your phone. Any takers?

Your headset might be the best there is, but I am wondering about this specific system since it it system matched for both the N103 helmet and my Wing. Bluetooth needs batteries and I am trying to avoid this, while taking advantage of my onboard stereo and CB.

Regards,

Kim !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just in case anybody wonders.... The Nolan 103 helmets combined with the MCS intercom/helmetset system works great. We experienced a small sidetone and brought it back to the dealer who just gave (and installed) a new set right away. He also suggested to get one Bluetooth chip and I did. Now the iPhone, intercom, CB, radio works perfect.

·
Registered
223 Posts
appreciate the information

I have a 102 helmet which is incompatable with the system. I really like Nolan helmets esp for the money. I am glad this has worked out for you and appreciate your efforts to report the product. Iam storing away this post for future consideration....ride safe:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 103 Nolan is probably as good of a helmet as you can get for touring a GW. I just loved the combined and ready intercom system. However, we never made the wired hook up with the phone work. Another little problem I discovered after my last post was that as soon as the Bluetooth chip ran out of battery there was a noise from the alternator in my headset but not in my passengers (with just the GW chip), so when the Bluetooth chip battery dies you have to replace it with the GW chip. This takes about 2 seconds to do so I guess we just live with what we have for now and carry the charger as well as the GW chip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts