Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 wing and every time I increase the throttle I have a buzzing noise that gets louder with the throttle. Can anyone tell me what can be wrong?

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Someone with a GL1800 may be able to give you a better answer than mine.
I'm thinking about a bad audio ground or missing electrical interference filter.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Is it just on intercom, or when listening to music off the accessory line?

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
The intercom circuit should be reasonably interference or static free. If it's also in the music playback, then yes, I'd say a bad ground circuit on the system itself. If just the i/c, is it in both headsets? If it's just one set, then I'd point a finger at the headset itself, or the connector. If it's in both, then there's a fault 'somewhere':(. If the sensitivity (squelch) is set to mostly eliminate road and wind interference, it's likely internal (system harness). Give us some more info if you can, maybe someone's come across this before.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
EC in Knoxville, Tenn. does a service that claims to correct this very problem and it has to do w/insuring the grounds are in deed "working" as they should.
I believe one of the main grounds can only be accessed by removing the gas tank!

·
Banned
466 Posts
I have a 2006 GL1800 and I use in-ear-canal ear-buds from PlugUp and the noise is awful. The Cruise control makes a terrible noise, the intercomm is noisy (my Radar detector is connected though intercom, there are no mics). I installed a ground loop isolator on the aux power in the left pocket (this powers the GPS/XM Radio) (from EC), an in-line filter (from EC) and still there is significant noise particularly from the cruise motor. I bought an inline filter from Radio Shack on a recommendation from this forum. It swaps volume for noise. Best solution so far.

I'd really like to get rid of the noise without all the gadgets, particularly the in-line filter since it cuts volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.