Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a J&M headset communication system and it recently started having a significant amount of noise, humming and static. I had it checked out by my dealer but they were unaware of a problem. Has anyone had a similar issue? How did you resolve?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a J&M headset communication system and it recently started having a significant amount of noise, humming and static. I had it checked out by my dealer but they were unaware of a problem. Has anyone had a similar issue? How did you resolve?
Just bought an 08 Goldwing which came with J&M headsets installed on the two helmets. I get a lot of static (snap, crackle, and pop) from the intercom and CB. The gear on my 1500 never had problems like that. I'm fixin to take the headsets to a friend to see if he can help figure out what the problem is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Took a ride yesterday and used the old helmets with their headsets. No static. I did find that the connection on my set to the bike was very loose and would vibrate apart. Rode with the new helmets and headsets and had no static. I'm thinking the connection may have been loose on the first run when I bought the bike and caused the static. I'll test that again today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts