Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, the wife and I tested the "medical glove over the mic trick" today and it was quite windy . The wife thought it was a great improvement. However, I didn't notice much difference other than not hearing my own voice in the intercom very well which is probably a good thing. I used these little things that people use who count money or papers, I think. Its like a little condom for the finger. It went snugly over the mic and then put the foam sock over that. However, the stereo still cut out throught wind noise. The only solution I see is turning the intercom off in windy conditions which ticks me off. I'm new to this technology so any help would be welcome. PR

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I was getting ready to try it with a water balloon. After you got the finger over the mic did you seal the opening in the finger?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are so small that they fit super snugly over the mic. I really had to stretch these things just to get them over the mic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I have decided that the 'constant on' of the intercom is not acceptable. What we do, is if she has something to say, she taps me on the shoulder, I turn the thing on...there is a delay, and when she can hear me talk, then she tells me what she wants. The rest of the time, it's off. The only downside is the delay...but of course, that's not a big deal..the only time she NEEDS to say anything is when it's potty time or something of that nature.
I'm not sure what other options there may be, but that's how we cope.

Bubba

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can buy mic mutes. They wire into your system and they let you & passenger turn intercom on & off at touch of a button. I think they operate from the PTT CB button for the driver. They are about $200 a set.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're planning to buy the passenger volume control which gives her control over stereo volume, cb communication, and a mic mute button. However, I haven't heard of one for the driver and I haven't seen one on all of the web sites I have visited. Where would I find one ?

PR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts