Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung Charge smartphone that I use to play music via the aux input on my Wing. The sound is terrific... until I plug the phone into a charger that's plugged into the lighter socket. The ignition noise/whine when the engine is running (which is the best time to be listening to music, right? :D) that comes over the speakers is horrendous.

Right now, I'm using the Belkin MicroCharge and one of those wind-up USB to micro-USB cords. I think the noise could be induced by my cheap cable or the equally cheap circuitry inside the Belkin thing or some combination of the two. It's not coming over the air since the noise disappears when I unplug the charger.

I'm not crazy about the trial and error business of trying capacitors, coils, etc. Has anybody licked this problem already?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have a noise supressor from Electrical connection on my aux powerplug. Before that, the alternator nois with the XM radio I have was horrible at higher volumes (necessary due to the lower sound output of the aux audio circuit) and it was even worse with the high beams on at night (practically unbearable) and very bothersome for my wife through the headset. The supressor helped a great deal but did nothing for the lack of output volume though:rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts