Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On any given clear sunny day, the motorcycle parking area at work has at least a dozen bikes parked in it.
Today, with a light rain all day, and temps in the low 60's, there was only one rider.

I love my Goldwing but it is not butt jewelry, I ride it!
I get a 30 minute vacation twice a day as I commute back and forth to work.

Have I mentioned yet that I love my Goldwing?!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Very nice. The two things I avoid is riding in the dark (my Legendary night vision and propensity to overdrive the headlights) and wet weather (I get scared). Be safe

·
Super Moderator
11,791 Posts
Dougiep2010, I don't ride in the rain, I melt! :D

Very nice. The two things I avoid is riding in the dark (my Legendary night vision and propensity to overdrive the headlights) and wet weather (I get scared). Be safe
Wait.. What?!? You get scared???
:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Hahahah. That's pathetic. True story: Drizzly rain 9-11 memorial ride. We muster at the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport. In the restroom these riders are lined up under the wall mounted hand driers trying to dry a bit of their wet lower leg pants. I'm basically dry from head to toe. I smiled and said, " I'm on a Goldwing. "

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahahah. That's pathetic. True story: Drizzly rain 9-11 memorial ride. We muster at the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport. In the restroom these riders are lined up under the wall mounted hand driers trying to dry a bit of their wet lower leg pants. I'm basically dry from head to toe. I smiled and said, " I'm on a Goldwing. "

So true Chopin. I didn't even bother putting on the rain paints this morning, just faded blue jeans. When I walked into the office, my co workers said "I see you didn't ride your bike today."

I smiled and said, "Of course I did. You don't get wet on a Goldwing."

·
Super Moderator
11,791 Posts
Last year my brother, Doug1500 and I went for a ride. Part way through it started raining, when we got back to my house, Doug1500 and I were commenting on how dry we were. My brother got off his Suzuki cruiser and simply stated, "I hate you guys". He was wet from head to toe. Gotta love the Wings! :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
When I first picked up my Wing from the dealership, it started to rain. Of course I just had to go for a long ride. I was pleasantly surprised with how dry I stayed. I would get wet when I had to stop, but while moving, I stayed pretty dry behind the windscreen. Did about 200 miles in the rain that day wearing full leathers, not rain gear. When I reached home, my leathers were damp in some places but definitely not soaking wet.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
yesterday only three rode their bikes to work and one of them was me. today i rode in but i don't know who else rode in, most don't park where i do

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I am only rider everyday. It drives folks crazy to see me ride in cold weather and rain....they don't understand; its all about the gear.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
46* this morning, Thanks to Rincon lined Jacket & Bohn body armor had a very pleasant ride to work at 4:30.

I'm the only one who rides to work, all the other riders have to bring their work trucks. I love being an Office geek, heck I even get to go to the jobsites on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
i just got back in the building and jamie rode his ducati monster in so there are two bikes in the parking lot. as for riding in the rain, if its dry when i leave i take the bike and if it rains while i'm out on the bike i get wet

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Some of my best and most memorable rides were in the rain; and others I'd like to foget about. It is raining hard here and I trucked it to work, but that's because my new hunting rifle is ready for pick-up and I can't carry that monster on the Wing. I should be good to ride well into October (not every day but...) so I have about a month left on the Wing. Not much time left on the rocket though, and you get very wet on that puppy!

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I am only rider everyday. It drives folks crazy to see me ride in cold weather and rain....they don't understand; its all about the gear.
it gets cold down there?

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I had 36* this morning and I was the only one that road to work.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm going on a benefit ride tomorrow morning for a police office that passed away due to cancer. The temp will be about 30 deg :eek:. I'll envy the HD guys with their motors warming their family jewels.
Strat

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I'm going on a benefit ride tomorrow morning for a police office that passed away due to cancer. The temp will be about 30 deg :eek:. I'll envy the HD guys with their motors warming their family jewels.
Strat
Heheheheh! A point well shaken.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
We had 120 bikes there this morning with 30 deg. It was a great ride....at least 20 Wings. When I mentioned the infamous c/t, there were frowns all around. I guess the darkside hasn't made it north of the border yet.
Strat

·
Registered
741 Posts
We had 120 bikes there this morning with 30 deg. It was a great ride....at least 20 Wings. When I mentioned the infamous c/t, there were frowns all around. I guess the darkside hasn't made it north of the border yet.
Strat
Well then why not be the first?! Okiedoc sent a pic of a fantastic winter tire, the Michelin Apin run flat. I'm sure you will notice the traction difference in the wet/frozen stuff with all the siping on those tires. I'm in sunny California so I don't worry about winter tires but those Michelins sure look nice. I know how much siping helps a tire on frozen surfaces as I used to take heated tire groovers (straight blade only) to put siping into off road tires because tire studs are illegal. The difference in traction on an icy surface is amazing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts