Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I just purchased a 1985 gl1200 w/ 57000 miles from neighbor. Good looking bike,runs good also the only problem is stereo,it appears to be working but nothing to the speakers. Tried another speaker but still nothing. Would anyone have any ideas for me to try. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Is it on helmet speakers? The radio can be played on outside speakers or helmet speakers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunely I didn't get the helmets but i'm getting nothing to outside speakers. Is there a switch I may be missing or something?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Yes there is a knob that you push to have the sound go inside or outside,. I'll have to try and remember what knob it is, it's been a long time since I had a 1200 Gold Wing, try pushing the radio knobs I think that is it, I'll try and find the answer and let you know. Or just ask your neighbor that you got the bike from.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
try this
Push in the far left hand button on the radio or the one next to it.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Well, did you get it to work????????

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
did you try the mute button

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I did try the mute button also. Still nothing. Tried another speaker and that didn't work. Is there any fuses for the speakers or amplifier?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i think the fuse is inside the left fairing pocket, you'll have to take out the plastic pocket

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. I will check tomm. and anything that I find. Thank You for your help and advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts