Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well acquired a 2000 se 1500 that has been sitting since 2013 unfortunately with fuel left in it. Pulled tank cleaned all gunk and rust new fuel pump. Now no power to grill pump. Sad part has only 20,000 miles change relay and fuses.
Any ideas on problem hoping something simple

·
862 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do you have the factory service manual? It will detail power supply to various systems on the bike. Fuses and relays is a safe starting place without the manual. Good luck. The 2000 was the last year, and was very good.

·
Super Moderator
13,003 Posts
Check the kill switch and associated wiring.

• Helpful
Reactions: Two Wheel Wing

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
If I recall correctly, the fuel pump gets it's power from the Engine control module. Disconnect the connector going to the fuel pump and supply it with 12 volts from the battery and see if the pump operates. Normal operation for the pump would be upon turning the ignition switch to the on position the pump should operated for a few seconds then turn off, once the bike is started it will have 12 volts supplied with the ignition switch in the on position. The SE's should have a noise filter (capacitor) in line with the 12V supply line feeding the fuel pump and one on the Ground wire for the pump, again if I recall (from my GL1500 days) these are "feed through" caps, if they are open you will get no voltage to the pump. It's a start, but you should really get an ET manual for your 2000 SE, they rely heavily on their electronics for proper operation, without this manual you could be chasing your tail for a long time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you
Finally got fuel pump going now no fuel at the carb trying new petcock waiting for parts. Hope that fixes it. These are absolutely beautiful bikes had CBX 1000 when I was in college it was a challenge to work on this is a nightmare to work on. A lot of furniture and wiring No quick repairs.
Where do I get that manual?

·
Premium Member
862 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Well acquired a 2000 se 1500 that has been sitting since 2013 unfortunately with fuel left in it. Pulled tank cleaned all gunk and rust new fuel pump. Now no power to grill pump. Sad part has only 20,000 miles change relay and fuses.
Any ideas on problem hoping something simple
check the engine for being locked. If it is pour disel in each cylinder and let it soak a day or two. if the engine is locked and you hit the starter you probably will do some damage to the gears the starter uses, or you can bend a valve. I learned the hardway, but It cost me a lot of time tearing the engine down to replace a small gear. you can not get the starter out without taking the whole back end off the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts