·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 interstate I know why now mechanics make 95 bucks an hour

·
Registered
689 Posts
Give a more detailed description of your problem and what you have checked. Also when did it occur and did you preform any maintenance or add anything before the problem occured.

·
Registered
689 Posts
P.S. The mechanic does not make $95 dollars an hour, the shop does the mechanic might make $20 an hour and then only for the flat rate hours of the job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought. Bike did not run needed battery and starter and starter relay will crank over now but no spark have never worked on boxer motor lights and turn signals work horn works tring to find out.how to check pulse generator

·
Registered
689 Posts
Have you checked your coils?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they check ok I'm just hoping it's not the pulse generator be alot of work if it is the pulse generator

·
Registered
689 Posts
U-Tube has videos of checking your particular problem. A manual would help you greatly also. I am not able to describe what you need to do but watching the videos might help. I would do all the voltage and ohm checks before I would start buying parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that's not a problem I'm on a limited income I'm not just going to throw money at it but finding video of the procedure on my model bike is skimpy at best

·
Registered
689 Posts
All I did was start a search for checking the pulse generators on you model and pulled up numerous videos showing how to, as I said I could show you how but I can not describe how in a post. The values you are looking for will be in a manual or maybe someone here has a manual for your bike and can post them for you.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Wish you luck.👍

·
Registered
265 Posts
Like Berry mentioned above:: ...... U tube is your friend ............ Just google what your trying to fix, and 99% of the time your problem will appear, and someone will explain how to fix it... This has save me much money, through out the years, plus you have the satisfaction of fixing it yourself....

Ronnie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts