Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike out for work tonight and found that I had no instrument panel lights, the gauges don't work and the driving lights don't work. The only thing that has changed from the last time I used it is I purchased from chrome world. A key and remote setup all in one. I had to take the guts from factory remote and put it in new setup. Will the remote kill power to instrument panel???

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Hi Bill, and welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. What year and model bike are you riding? That might help forum members in providing a solution. Some quick things to look at might be fuses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Bill, and welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. What year and model bike are you riding? That might help forum members in providing a solution. Some quick things to look at might be fuses.
My wing is a 2009. All I've done from the last ride is take the guts out of factory remote and put them in new unit. I moved to Texas a couple of years ago from Bangor pa. Were in pa are you from. Thanks for Any help
You can give

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Familiar with Bangor. I'm from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area myself. Since your Wing is a 2009 and under warranty, I'd take it to the dealer. Doesn't seem like what you did should be a problem, but there are so many electronics on these bikes you never know what's going to affect something else. Perhaps there is some code that needs to be sync'd up. Good luck..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts