Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 1993 GL1500SE with about 110K on her. I have two other older wings at it is really nice to have one with reverse. The reverse gear works just fine but when I take it out of reverse the neutral light does not come on. The bike goes into neutral just fine but no light. The big issue is that one I turn the bike off I cannot start it again, even with the side stand up and the clutch bar pulled. To then get the bike started I have to roll it around and start it in gear with the clutch pulled and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I ride it around a couple times this way and suddenly I once again have a neutral light... that is until I use reverse again. Sensor somewhere worn? Adjustment needed? Help!

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

It sounds like your reverse cables need adjusted or you have a switch going bad. There are adjustment procedures outlined in the shop manual.

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
+1 on what Tank says. It happened once on my '95.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
When it happens on my 93 I work the lever in and out of reverse a few times and it always comes back. Been doing that since it was new. It doesn't happen often. If it does it a lot try what's been suggested above.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I had that happen a couple times on my 1500, more so after it had the Lehman conversion done. I did the rock back and forth thing and the wiggle the reverse lever. Always manged to make it work that way. If that doesn't work for you, like Cantankerous said, adjust the linkage.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
I just sold my '93 manual. I think budoka might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Welcome a great place and I bet I know what other kind of bike your have or just had.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.