Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1978 GL1000....twice it happened before, turned key on and no neutral light and no start, not even with clutch in, upright and kick stand up.....eventually it came on and it was able to start (don't know how). Now It wont start at all, been 2 days...it is in neutral and I know cause I can roll it back and forth. Not the battery it is plenty charged and ready to go. When I do go to start the headlight goes dim and that's about it. It runs great when its running! Not sure what to check first, I heard that with the clutch pulled in it should always start..that mean my clutch miniswitch is out? how can i test the neutral light switch and clutch?

thanks for any help!!

Brian
Reno, NV

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I would really check the Battery Connections, to start with, that could be the cause of it not starting with the clutch in and the Kick stand up. I'd need a 1000 electrical manual to look over the reverse circuit.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Like Ron says, check all your power connections. Not sure if there is a neutral safety switch or not, I'll see if I can find something in the service manual about it and get back to you.

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Try pushing it into 1st then back into neutral. There is a switch on the gear selector to indicate neutral and let it start. There is no kickstand switch on the GL1000.

·
Registered
53 Posts
check the white plug in from the solinoid that is what ingnites the battery to the ingnition it may have a bad connection, this wire has two wires hooked to it,
i just got my bike and i dont have a solinoid as of yet just ordered it but i jump both sides if this connection to get power to ingnition

1 - 5 of 5 Posts