Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well traded the Rocket in on a Yellow 2010 Wing last night. The dealership had a bell to ring when a new bike was sold. It was just me, my wife and three other people in the store ( they worked there). Hauled the Wing back in the pooring rain, it rained ALL day yesterday. Got home at 11:30 and just staired at the bike till I couldn't stay awake anymore. 350 mile day round trip to get it all done. Just had to ride today, 45 degrees and wet. After I got a little used to it, took the wife out for a short 50 mile ride and we fell in love with the Wing. Love how it handles it likes the twisties and so do I. I still have my 05 Triumph Speed Four.
Now for all the worn out questions that I'm sure your tired of answering. What the best: arm rest, trunk rack, and highway pegs out there? Thanks in advance. Did I mention I love the Wing? Just told my Rocket riding bud, who just ordered one of the new 1600 BMW's that the Wing was the "Ole Farts" best kept secret:) Soon to be 50 so I can say that....I think

·
Registered
515 Posts
Congratulations Snuff! Welcome from Kansas City MO. Riding in 45 degree wet weather, sounds like your addiction has started early! And what do you mean by "ole fart"?? I'm 48 and on my 4th wing, I've had a GL1000, GL12 and on my second 15, the wing is a difficult secret to keep. Where do you call home? Farkle is a personal preference but you'll get lots of feedback here...oh the choices! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
If you have heated seats you can not use the arm rest that mount to the side of the seat. You have to get the ones that mount on the side of the trunk. You also lose the little thingee (technical term) used to hold your communication connector. I learned the hard way. Congrats on the new Wing. If you love it half as much as I love mine I KNOW your HAPPY! :D

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Soon to be 50 ? At least I waited until I was 53 before I gave in. Look at you ! You already have a laundry list of item you want. Do you have to prioritize like me, or can you get them all at once ? Welcome home old man. When everyone is happy at home we call that " Ménage à wing ".

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hi snuffcityrider, congratulation on the new addition and addiction. I started with the GW when I was 43. I must admit I always had a passion for many years prior, and only started riding at 40.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations Snuff! Welcome from Kansas City MO. Riding in 45 degree wet weather, sounds like your addiction has started early! And what do you mean by "ole fart"?? I'm 48 and on my 4th wing, I've had a GL1000, GL12 and on my second 15, the wing is a difficult secret to keep. Where do you call home? Farkle is a personal preference but you'll get lots of feedback here...oh the choices! Enjoy!
Guess your wise beyond your years. Wife's been wanting a Wing for a while and I finally gave in. I live in Iredell, Texas.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing. Where is home for you? I bought the Iso Pegs and the Kuryakyn trunk rack for my 09. Like them both.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
'''''''''''''

The knob that adjust the seat temp keeps you from mounting it. The handle where you grab and put the bike on the center stand is where the arm rest I speak of is mounted. I wanted them because I do not want a drill around my trunk.
Where they mount the braces on the trunk, they have to take off the holder. I have seen a lot of zip ties to hold them.
Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Congrats on buying the best bike out there. Like you, I went from a crotch rocket to the Wing and haven't looked back. I still have my Gixxer track bike, but it stays unridden since getting the wing. You are right about the twisties. Only, you will have to learn to use alot of body english to keep hard parts from scraping. I still get out every weekend with a group of Ducati's, Gixxers, etc and fall in the top 20% at the end of the ride. Enjoy!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on buying the best bike out there. Like you, I went from a crotch rocket to the Wing and haven't looked back. I still have my Gixxer track bike, but it stays unridden since getting the wing. You are right about the twisties. Only, you will have to learn to use alot of body english to keep hard parts from scraping. I still get out every weekend with a group of Ducati's, Gixxers, etc and fall in the top 20% at the end of the ride. Enjoy!
Actually still have a "crotch rocket". It was a Triumph Rocket III that I got rid of. I have a Triumph Speed Four that I don't have to worry about dragging hard parts. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the "Wingdom". I have the Kuryakin armrests and they work fine IMO, and the Kury highway boards are awsome.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congrats Snuff

I am an old Triumph guy....still own a Trophy. Had a Speed Triple, Daytona and Tiger......great motorcycles....
Enjoy your new ride....be safe....:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am an old Triumph guy....still own a Trophy. Had a Speed Triple, Daytona and Tiger......great motorcycles....
Enjoy your new ride....be safe....:)
You did gooooooooooood!!!! :D

My past Triumph's, both were a ton of fun.
1967 TR6-C
1970 750 Bonneville

1 - 16 of 16 Posts