Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you consider night vision for your Goldwing?

An infrared company is looking at night vision for motorcycles. It is like the night vision system available on BMW cars. A guy at FLIR Systems put one on his RS1150GS. You can see the article at this link. It looks great.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/10/motorcycle-night-visio/

The company is taking a survey to see how much interest there is in night vision for motorcycles. It has a video of night vision on the road.

Night Vision Survey

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
interesting but hopefully when they make one for bikes it comes with its own monitor

·
Registered
449 Posts
If it was a heads up display system it would be alot safer then watching a monitor and not the road. This could become a really useful tool to the right people, and just another distraction for others. Could have a "cell phone" effect on some people's driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is Darren Haley, the FLIR Systems, Inc. employee who put an infrared camera on my motorcycle. I was surprised to get a phone call from my IT department telling me we were getting web traffic on my web survey over the holidays.

FLIR had originally created this survey in the fall of 2009 for a target audience of riding enthusiasts; it was not intended for participation outside a select audience. By the end of November most of the traffic on the web survey had tapered off. That is until this was posted on this site in late December. Since then we have seen a resurgence of surveys completed. In fact, some of the feedback we have received from members of this forum have proven very valuable and informative. So rather than try to shut down the survey, at this point I would like to encourage people to complete the survey.

The survey doesn’t take long to complete and will help us determine if Night Vision for motorcycles is a business area that deserves more attention. I appreciate those of you who take the time to complete the survey and post comments. The comments do get read!

Click here to take the Night Vision Survey.

Thanks,
Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts