Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode into work this morning, almost full moon glowing, crisp air, alone time. Oh yeahhhh! almost wanted to keep going, could see myself up at the Fingerlakes about 8 am.

@#$^ I had to get to work.

It was nice while it lasted.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
:DI'll be out with you on that 1, nice ride yesterday and a ride into work and back home today.

·
Premium Member
23,750 Posts
37* right now here and no, I'm not on the road. I'll have a nice " brisk " walk around the block about 7:00 with the dogs. I like this earlier sunrise though. By the time I leave about 8 'ish the morning is well under way. It will be about 70* on my return van ride home.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Rode into work this morning, almost full moon glowing, crisp air, alone time. Oh yeahhhh! almost wanted to keep going, could see myself up at the Fingerlakes about 8 am.

@#$^ I had to get to work.

It was nice while it lasted.
You getting the last few rides in this year Bill? Just think not long ago we had snow on the ground. I may ride today myself.

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You getting the last few rides in this year Bill?
Yes I am buddy. A couple more & then it will be beddybye for the old girl.

Just think not long ago we had snow on the ground. I may ride today myself.
We still have some piled in the yard.

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
temps about 58f but its raining so it was a good morning to take the van and wake myself up with the kenwood. there talking highs in the mid 40's for friday and saturday so i guess its time to get a can of seafoam, ridings almost done

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
This morning 59*....Perfect!!! Tomorrow calls for big rain. After that front we are dipping in the 20's. I'm still riding:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I ride to work on Mon.'s and Tue.'s. Today it was about 35 but last week it was about 29. Biggest problem with the cold for me is the condensation on the windshield which freezes. Sometimes the fog hits the shield and freezes. This causes a major problem if you have one of the barn doors like I do and the sun hits the shield. Wonder what would be good to treat the shield with to prevent this??

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Used to be a product called Rally paste wax. worked great on everything from eye glasses to airplane windshields. prevented fogging from cold (outdoor) to warm (indoor) air changes, condensation on w/s surfaces you name it. Haven't seen it for ages but it sure worked.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Used to be a product called Rally paste wax. worked great on everything from eye glasses to airplane windshields. prevented fogging from cold (outdoor) to warm (indoor) air changes, condensation on w/s surfaces you name it. Haven't seen it for ages but it sure worked.
Still made and sold at ACE Hardware and some Walmarts. About $6.00 US.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Under the weather here in Allen, TX, both literally and figuratively. Pretty good thunderstorms on and off all night and this morning as well, and we sure do need the rain. I've got some kind of cold or flu that's got me indoors at present regardless of the weather. The forecast for later in the week looks great--best time of year to ride in north Texas.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Can't get a glove on my right hand, to cold to ride with out gloves. Always wear them but can't get one over the bandages. Would like to get one more lunch ride in with the Geezer Gang before it's to nasty to ride.:(

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Can't get a glove on my right hand, to cold to ride with out gloves. Always wear them but can't get one over the bandages. Would like to get one more lunch ride in with the Geezer Gang before it's to nasty to ride.:(
Bandages!!!! You been doing that bare knuckles boxing again???:eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Bandages!!!! You been doing that bare knuckles boxing again???:eek:
No bare knuckle boxing. Last Wednesday the thumb and first finger on my Right hand took on my table saw blade and lost. The fingers weren't lost just chewed up a bit:( (20 stitches)

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
No bare knuckle boxing. Last Wednesday the thumb and first finger on my Right hand took on my table saw blade and lost. The fingers weren't lost just chewed up a bit:( (20 stitches)
Geez....and here I am trying my best to make light of a terrible thing. Sorry about that. I'm getting chills thinking about it.:(

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Geez....and here I am trying my best to make light of a terrible thing. Sorry about that. I'm getting chills thinking about it.:(
No need to feel terrible, I just had a moment of " Rectal Cranial inversion.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
I had a wonderful day raking leaves... Hard to get excited with a lawnmower.. It wasn't even a rider...:(

·
Super Moderator
14,472 Posts
Sure hope it wasn't too bad and you heal up quick.

·
Super Moderator
14,472 Posts
Fossil,
I had to come over to Texas to work for a few weeks. Sure thought hard about riding the bike here. But decided not to. Couldn't be sure I would stop in Lufkin and keep riding west. Cool, brisk mornings and warm days have made me wish I had. Not to mention the two days off I have coming up.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts