Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are planning a trip to Niagara Falls in June. We will ride the Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive and perhaps some of the Adirondacks. Any advice on where to stay in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side?

·
Registered
4 Posts
what part of june I'm picking up a new 08 in charleston sc. on the 27 of may and heading up the first of june maybe see u guys on the road ride safe steve

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Tom, No real opinion on accomadations however if you want an optional route for either going or departing Niagara. Might I suggest you look at going thru Pa. keeping it simple check out Route 15 in Williamsport it runs into NY. through some really pretty country (Pa Grand Canyon area) to Wine country area in NY. Watkins Glen, Corning a nice ride through farm country up into Buffalo. Actually when my sister lived in Buffalo that's the way I would go to her home. Check it out you may want to go one way & return the other because the Adirondacks are special as well. If you go thru Lake Placid take the time to go down the Olympic Bobsled course. The one from the 80 olympics is used to run bobsleds on wheels down the track. It's cool & in this ole fossil's opinion worth the 65 bucks they charge. Something to cross off your "bucket list". Hope this helps sorry I didn't have any input on places to stay.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Winger, great roads in the Adirondacks and Lake Placid is a nice place to stay. Fossil is right about Rt 15 and Wellsboro Grand Canyon. I've traveled the BRP and Sykline Dr and they are both great rides. Check with the BRP website because some parts of the parkway were closed due to rock slides. They may be open by the time you are going, but check before you go to be sure. Have a great trip and post some pics when you are done. Ride safe...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
what part of june I'm picking up a new 08 in charleston sc. on the 27 of may and heading up the first of june maybe see u guys on the road ride safe steve
We are leaving North GA on June 17th. Plan to be back on the 26th but have some wiggle room. I'm familiar with BRP through NC. I've been checking the websites. Not at all familiar with the Adirondacks and have never stayed on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Would appreciate any advice.

Fossil92 I will check out route 15. It will have to be one or the other, rte 15 vs adirondacks. We will not be able to do both this trip. But hey, there is always next time.

I just finished a solo run from home to Murrell's Inlet, SC to Santa Monica, CA and down to San Yisidro, then up I-15 through Los Vegas to I-70 in Utah and on over to Colorado Springs, CO and on back home. It was 6123 miles in 15 days. A great trip. After Niagara Falls, I will have ridden my new bike Coast to Coast and Border to Border.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts