Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done most of number 2, and it this area is just beautiful.
I think Deals Gap is a little over rated, plenty of roads close by that are just as good with less traffic. I think the next region for me will be to head up the New England coast to Maine.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
The best motorcycle road, in my opinion, is the one at the end of my driveway.;)
Thats were it all starts at the end of your driveway, just give me about 3 fours to get to it, maybe 4.:D

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I think Deals Gap is a little over rated, plenty of roads close by that are just as good with less traffic. I think the next region for me will be to head up the New England coast to Maine.
Did #2 last month but had to skip the Blue Ridge Parkway because of time constraints. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..........

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Deals Gap Overrated??? What are you saying Scooter???:eek::eek:

I AGREE!!! Ridden it twice...both times I enjoyed the company much more than the ride.
In my opinion, The Dragon is a test of your skills and lends itself to the macho part of riding. I wasn't able to enjoy the beauty due to the focus the road requires. Personally, I prefer the big sweeping roads and visible beauty you can actually enjoy. While on those, riding becomes almost spiritual.

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
The best motorcycle road, in my opinion, is the one at the end of my driveway.;)
Perfect, no arguing with that.

If I can make the Down Under meet in August I plan on taking #2 for my way back home.

I just rode #3, FM 170 last month (thanks to DanB for the recommendation).

I can think of a few more but they all begin with what Chopin said…..

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Perfect, no arguing with that.

If I can make the Down Under meet in August I plan on taking #2 for my way back home.

I just rode #3, FM 170 last month (thanks to DanB for the recommendation).

I can think of a few more but they all begin with what Chopin said…..
Mark, I was planning to do an IBA back from Frackville. The BRP was option 2. If you do decide to make the DU meet, we may be able to match up.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Mark, I was planning to do an IBA back from Frackville. The BRP was option 2. If you do decide to make the DU meet, we may be able to match up.
Doing an iron butt down the BRP don't forget the speed is set at 45mph, but you can't beat the ride.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
The way things are for me right now I'd be happy just to ride MY driveway:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
It will depend on work and I may not know for sure until a week or so ahead of time. I'll be letting y'all know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I loved the area of Robbinsville and Deals Gap so much, I bought a cabin outside of Andrews NC. There are so many wonderful roads all over the area of NC, and North Georgia. Highlands, Blue Ridge, Franklin, Sylvia, Cherokee, and the list goes on and on. I normally do the dragon once each time I am up there, but the rest of my time is on the tons of other roads. The skyway, the Blue Ridge Parkway, oh yea... Can't wait to retire so I can spend all riding season up there, and down here in Louisana in the winter.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
It will depend on work and I may not know for sure until a week or so ahead of time. I'll be letting y'all know.
Having done some of #1, some of #2, all of #4 & some of #9. I can tell you guys that if you can make the Aug meet & be here Thursday for some riding that we will be doing roads that are as nice except they aren't as long. Nice little ride planned out. I will be doing it myself here shortly so that I know of any issues we may encounter.:D

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Having done some of #1, some of #2, all of #4 & some of #9. I can tell you guys that if you can make the Aug meet & be here Thursday for some riding that we will be doing roads that are as nice except they aren't as long. Nice little ride planned out. I will be doing it myself here shortly so that I know of any issues we may encounter.:D
Nice little ride planned thats good so i can talk to Eric and get more down under slang. Nice little rides with not to many tin tops.:eek:

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Nice little ride planned thats good so i can talk to Eric and get more down under slang. Nice little rides with not to many tin tops.:eek:
Or door slammers.;)

Right now it looks to be about 90 miles with a couple stops. Should work nice.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i said that about my street in the last thread about the best roads in america

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Thursday???:confused:....I thought we were coming up on Friday. I'm too confused....I will wait till an in stone plan is published.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Thursday???:confused:....I thought we were coming up on Friday. I'm too confused....I will wait till an in stone plan is published.
You can come up on " Thursday ". We have accommodations. Friday morning is the day Don and I will embark. Come up Thursday, we'll whine and dine you. As a matter of fact you better be here on Thursday.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.