1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF wingy, your aspy looks alot like my aspy

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa, and congrats on your new Wing. Looks great. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Nice folks on here with good info..

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Very nice looks great. Hello and greetings from Florida, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome wingy; it looks exactly like the one I had! Very nice..:D
Sadly, all I have left is a picture...;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Southern Ontario wingy. Very nice looking ride...congrats! I love Superior Provincial Park and surrounding area.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Welcome to the forum, a great bunch of folks here.

It looks like my second one.

(The x2 in my signature line.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
There sure seems to be a lot of us that has the 84 Aspy...especially the two tone tan..I got one just like that...Gonna have to give it up though, wifey says I don't need it now that I have the 98.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Nice bike, same colour, same year. Just different country.

·
Registered
89 Posts
As a reminder, since it is new to you...Has the stator been checked?? Has the yellow wires connectors been rewired? and the other connectors in the charging system?? I wasn' aware of those problems when bought mine and paid the price for not correcting this factory weak spot. Also a reminder on the timing belts...how old are they and how long ago were they changed. If you don't know, replace them. Enjoy the forum, enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Fine looking Classic Wing! Actually, kinda looks familiar; photo of my 85 below.

Enjoy, and yes, check the stator wire setup; you'll want them soldered and shrinktubed. And, based on my recent experience, check the starter solenoid carefully and make sure the terminal block is clean and in good shape and you carry at least 2 spare main fuses. Actually, when I get my replacement solenoid (it's a long story:eek:) I intend to hard wire that side too, keeping it 30amp fused.

Timing belts are about $30, so just replace them unless you know for sure that they have been replaced recently, mileage-wise and more importantly time-wise.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
The original poster hasn't been on since he started this thread two years ago. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts