Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I became new owner of a 06 Goldwing as I have been searching for a good deal this past year. I have always wanted a "big" bike and had no idea that the Goldwing would ride like a sport bike.
I have owned three cruisers during my riding career with the latest being a Honda Shadow ACE. Since I have been talking my wife to riding with me I wanted something bigger to make her feel more comfortable.

It was this forum that eased my comfort level of purchasing a high mileage Wing as this one has 103,000 but runs flawlessly. I purchased from the orginial owner who also provided me with maintenance records.

I'll follow up with a photo once I get it cleaned up but wanted to say Hi from Roanoke VA ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,833 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Pa. Looks like you got a Wing that is just about broken in. LOL. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe. Looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome from Tucson, Az. Most mileage I have seen on a bike for sale was a Harley Davidson Ultra with 325,000 miles. Did hear of a HD FXST in the museum in Sturgis had 1,000,000 miles but it had been owned by a politician.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting the bike you wanted and the bike you will love to ride.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Today I became new owner of a 06 Goldwing as I have been searching for a good deal this past year. I have always wanted a "big" bike and had no idea that the Goldwing would ride like a sport bike.
I have owned three cruisers during my riding career with the latest being a Honda Shadow ACE. Since I have been talking my wife to riding with me I wanted something bigger to make her feel more comfortable.

It was this forum that eased my comfort level of purchasing a high mileage Wing as this one has 103,000 but runs flawlessly. I purchased from the orginial owner who also provided me with maintenance records.

I'll follow up with a photo once I get it cleaned up but wanted to say Hi from Roanoke VA ;)
Welcome from SE Michigan.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁 You will make your wife happy that you bought the wing, remember happy wife happy life.😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone. We went out today to purchase her a helmet but it had to be ordered. Hopefully next weekend the weather will be nice to go out. The Goldwing is my fourth bike I've owned over 20 years and I certainly enjoy it so far. It's the comfort package so it has great stereo and the heated seats/grips is very nice for spring/fall temps.
Washed and waxed today. Appears water got inside the right headlight lens that I have to work now on. Moved my guardian bell from the shadow to the Goldwing.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride. As far as the moisture in your headlight, give it a couple days and it will disappear this will sometimes happen when you use high pressure to wash, it occurs on cars too.

Reactions: Oldhand

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride. As far as the moisture in your headlight, give it a couple days and it will disappear this will sometimes happen when you use high pressure to wash, it occurs on cars too.
Thank you Barry. My pressure washer is only 1900psi at 1.1gpm so I didn't think it would hurt anything. Moving forward I'll stick to standard garden hose. I'll give it a few days like you recommend. Thanks for the advice. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you already have some of the best accessories.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you already have some of the best accessories.
Thank you. Previous owner installed a Kuryakyn drivers backrest and highway pegs. I'm wanting to find some pads or carpet for the trunk and saddle bags to help keep items from sliding around. I still need to review the owners manual for some of the features.

·
Premium Member
6,524 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Virginia!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good looking Goldwing, I am sure you will enjoy many happy miles. Happy Easter.

·
Super Moderator
28,657 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ.

Enjoy the new ride

·
Registered
908 Posts
Thank you. Previous owner installed a Kuryakyn drivers backrest and highway pegs. I'm wanting to find some pads or carpet for the trunk and saddle bags to help keep items from sliding around. I still need to review the owners manual for some of the features.
Check out Cyclemax and Wingstuff, I got the carpets for mine from Cyclemax. The carpets fit exactly.

·
Super Moderator
14,741 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Enjoy the ride.

·
Vendor
698 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new-to-you Wing from San Clemente, California. It's beautiful.
We make carpets for both the trunk and saddlebag that our customers seem to really like. You can read their reviews here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts