Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quit biking a few years ago. A couple of weeks ago my wife said "lets get a bike." I said I'm no good with someone sitting sitting behind me, so she bought a 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit, and I bought a 1983 Interstate GL 1100cc. A few problems as it had sat in the snow for a couple of years. Slowly getting them figured out. I'll ask one of the mechanics about a whine I'm getting that comes from the back of the engine and changes with throttle action. Think that may turn into a big problem. Other than that, looking forward to getting back into biking in the Spring. I'm a pansy and won't ride after a couple more years. Winter is starting to set in here in Canada.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to the Goldwing owners website Randy.The GL 1100cc Interstate is a good ride,I had one for many years,towed a small trailer with it, and rode across Canada on it with my wife as a passenger.We put many miles on our Interstate,it never let us down.
Its not fancy by todays standards but that does'nt mean its not a good ride,my son still has his 82 Aspencade 1100cc and loves it,he "Rides"...every day rain or shine,he's a
qualified licensed MC/Marine Mechanic amongst other things. So a left handed bikers high five to you and your wife, welcome aboard.

Robert

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF randy. i don't like passengers either thats one reason i have soo many bikes. yea thats my story and i'm sticking to it

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Should have lots of time to work on the bikes over the Canadian winter. Keep on it and you will have a great pair of bikes ready for riding season. Ride safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome.
To Robert, My wife and I were through Terrace last year on the train. Went to visit a pilot buddy in the Coast Guard in Rupert. After that took the ferry to Port Hardy and spent a couple of weeks roaming the Island. In the late 70's I was an AME/Flight Engineer in the CH113 Labradors out of Comox. Spent a lot of time around Terrace and Rupert. BC holds a special place in my past. A beautiful place to live.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Any chance you know Pat Casey CCG Chopper Pilot flying out of "Seal Cove" Prince Rupert,long time Ham Radio buddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I know the name but don't think I met him when I was there. My bud is the chief pilot at Seal Cove Coast Guard or was. I think he still is. He's getting ready to transfer to Vicoria. His name is Mike Clarke. He flies the S61 and the smaller 105. I keep on saying last summer, well last summer is now15 months ago. This years summer is over. We are just outside Ottawa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts