Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!

I just purchased my first Goldwing (2008 NAVI) and quickly realized I'm going to need a power point for my cell phone/MP3 player. I ordered the Hondaline 12V fairing power socket for the LH compartment from Wingstuff and also ordered the pocket push pins for the removable pocket.

I'm hoping the plug will come with detailed installation instructions but even so, can anyone offer advice on how to remove the pins, and any other recommendations regarding the installation of the power socket? It seems pretty simple but because I rarely have good luck with plastic components, any advice will be greatly appreciated, and perhaps keep me from damaging some expensive plastic.

Thanks in advance!

Radarsdad

·
Registered
24 Posts
The pins are easy just take a small screw driver and depress the center of the head of the pin and is stays down, do that to all four and the pocked pulls out. The plug should then plug into the power supply that is underthe pocket. When you put the pins back in push the little center rods back to where the head of the pin is sticking up and insert the pin into the whole then depress the center back down to its original position and you are done. Richard

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
There is a place marked in the pocket where you are suppose to drill the hole, As you are sitting on the bike, it is in the top right hand corner of the pocket. Also there is a power connector in the trunk under the lid linner if you wish to add another power plug in the trunk.

·
Administrator
26,212 Posts
Don't know if anyone else had this issue, but I found the plug-in and harness connector was hard to fit together. There just is limited room for my hands to get hold of both ends at once and plug them together. It wasn't real difficult, just a tad frustrating and finicky due to the lack of operating space. Everything else worked just fine. Now this winter I'm taking it apart again to install my in-line noise suppressor.
Thanks for the tip on the trunk connector Joe, I was thinking about wiring in another by the fuse block , but the trunk should be just the ticket for using a charger.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I did it. The pins came out easily and I drilled the hole and installed the plug. I plugged in the connector and it powered up with the key on as advertised. Thanks for the advice on this one!

R

·
Registered
179 Posts
A big Thank You from another newbie as well. Everyone made this installation easy.
X:)

There are details as to how the push pins work in your owners manual. Hey budoka, ordered my trunk auxillary power accessory a couple of days ago. Going to get the local lads to install it when I bring the Big Blue Girl in for the spring check-up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts