Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok be patienant im swear im not blonde just confused , how the heck do you get the seat off to add air to rear suspension.found a lever by grab bar but seems to just adjust seat forward to back.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Tons of patience on this forum, however you need to help us help you. What do you ride? If you say a "Goldwing" patience will be gone :D LOL!!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
So you have a 1500 or 1800?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ok be patienant im swear im not blonde just confused , how the heck do you get the seat off to add air to rear suspension.found a lever by grab bar but seems to just adjust seat forward to back.
If it is not an 1800, and is a Goldwing, the two grab handles on the sides of the seat. Unbolt them, take them off and the seat sides back about an inch and comes off. Hope this helps. Also, their are no dumb questions about a wing, as it was put together by a magician which hid all things. You practically have to dismantle to figure it out. LOL

·
Registered
718 Posts
Shouldn't have to remove the seat to fiddle with the suspension. Controls are on the console up front on most models. Unless you have a 1500 Interstate where its routed through a hole inside your right saddlebag.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
He has a 1981 GL1100.
I checked one of his earlier posts.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
I'll tell you what I think: I think you've got yourself a nice Classic Wing!

By the way, you have to be at least a Senior Member of this Forum to ask certifiably dumb questions. Then, if you're really good at it, they make you a Moderator! :p:D

I'm looking forward to hearing about your journey with this Wing. I did a quick 60 miles on my '85 Aspy today, picking up non-oxygenated gas along the way, just to try it out. Tatanka ran like a top. Today I called him "good as is" for this season, and tonight I started to remove the rear racks, seat, etc. of the '83 1100SE. So I'm in the middle of the same stuff.

Good luck to you and safe riding. Please use this Forum for technical help as I have. There are helpful and knowledgeable folks in the GWOF. Not me, of course, but they're here! :D

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
I think it's very nice and in very good condition from the photo.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
the valve is behind the rid side cover not under the seat

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Beat me to the puch (again) doc!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.