Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all from Texas, had a long battle on should i go HD ultra classic or stay with Honda and go with Goldwing - now that i have decided on a goldwing and pissed off several friends :D been in the market for the last few weeks and came across a 1999 Goldwing SE asking price $8,000 with only 12K miles and i did verify this by checking the bike out my self, this thing is in excellent shape but the color is the ugliest thing around it's the very light 2 tone green/blue - my question though is this thing worth $8k? the seller is staying tough with the price but i am willing to walk on it just because of the color - the only concern i have is that i noticed the lights dim and flicker when hazards or turn signal went on but think i can take care of that could be a bad ground or something. What do you all think is it worth the money - thanks for your valuable input

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Welcome from Maryland , you now have new friends

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the forum from the Keystone state...

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you don't like the color, you'll always resent the bike. The electrical problem may only be minor, but at that price you should be able to just get on and ride.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you don't like the color, you'll always resent the bike. The electrical problem may only be minor, but at that price you should be able to just get on and ride.
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa. & my Crabby friend is correct. You should be able to gas & go for that number however I agree with you that it does sound like a grounding issue.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome to the site (gee, surprise...another Texan:arghh::icon_lol:)! Yeah, $8k is big time top dollar for that bike according to my Bluebook (Ok it's Canadian but I've been doing this long enough to do the math difference). A bike at that price can affor NO glitches regardless of the owner's feelings (sorry owner but that's just being realistic). Lots of fish in the pond man, there's one out there singing loud and clear for you.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello texas biker, welcome to GWOF. i know the color you are talking about and wondered where honda found the paint

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF!

The best negotiating position is knowing what you want and being willing to walk away and wait until you find it...patience. As our Fearless Leader has said, there are plenty of good used Wings out there.

As for getting the right color, style, etc. just remember what Eugene Levy said to Chevy Chase at the start of National Lampoon's Family Vacation about the "Family Truckster":

"You think you hate it now, but wait til you drive it!":ThumbsDown:

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
If you get the 1999 wing let us know I think I know where the problem is.
Lots of luck with your search. I really like the 1500 style but the color wouldn't be my choice, Like some of the others have said if you don't like the color you probably won't like the bike after a bit.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As many have said, if you don't care for the color, you won't like it nearly as much as one you do like. I'd walk on a bike which I don't like the color.

$8k for a 1500 sounds pretty steep. It had better be a real show winner at that price (color and all). I paid $8k for my 93 (although it's an Interstate) way back in 2000 and it had under 16k miles and fresh tires. Face it, the 1800 is in it's 11 year, and I've come across a couple super clean, low mileage and decked out early 1800s listed for $9k. Believe me, if I had $9k, one of those would be in my stable!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Great guys and great information. From Central Washington

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.