Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2001 GL1800. Looking forward to riding to east coast this summer. Just bought progressive suspension for front end. Yet to install. Comments on that product??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hand Grips - Would like to replace but can't find right length. Looking for the right length (150mm/6" long). Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Get to know the nice folks here..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Tennessee. I do not know the answer to your equipment questions but be patient someone can give you some insight soon.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
14,373 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I still have the stock suspension in my 2010 but have heard from those who changed to progressive and they like the upgrade.

I'm not sure about changing the hand grips, but there are risers available that are adjustable and bring the bars up and back. I have had that on mine and it brought them to the right spot for me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Indiana. A lot of good knowledgeable people here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might want to check with WingStuff, one of our forum sponsors for after market hand grips.

·
Super Moderator
28,427 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa.

Although I have a 1500, I am a firm believer in the Progressive suspension upgrades

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. I've had Progressive cartridges in my Wing for 5 (?) years now. They're a great improvement over stock.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Yes the progressive monoshock system is pretty good and a viable upgrade. If you wish to take it one step further install a bias ply tire which will allow you to run lower pressure and subsequently softer ride. The bridgestone BT-45r has been a good tire.

I would steer clear of most other add-ons however.

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
Not sure about the Commander II, the original Commander wasn't spec'd for the Goldwing. I like my Bridgestones, but I'll see how Crownfire fares on the E4 before I'll run anything different.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts