Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am trying the move from BMW K1200Lt to the wing. Bought a 2010 yellow wing. Really kind of ignorant on the audio set ups and such but I do want to add the GPS inputs and have wired or BT Iphone. I also want to put a permenant (as in leave it in all the time) I pod.
Any help will be apreciated.

After 3 LT's and I had an option on the K1600GTL (canceled, underwhelmed with performance) and I still have a R1200GSA and K1200RS I hope this is a good move. I wish the ABS was standard on the wing, really kind of rare.

Milton

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello milton, let me guess you are from pa. :) welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Milt. I think you made the right choice going with a Wing. Glad to see your still a Steeler fan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought a 2010 yellow wing. Really kind of ignorant on the audio set ups and such but I do want to add the GPS inputs and have wired or BT Iphone. I also want to put a permenant (as in leave it in all the time) iPod.
Any help will be apreciated. Milton
Hello Milton... and Welcome! Congrats on the Wing!

Can't help with the GPS or BT (I have the NAVI model), but I did just install a Soundgate module on my bike that takes the place of the CD changer input.

iPod works great and you can control it using the CD changer controls. The main box is under the seat and the cable for the iPod (or an iPhone) runs to the trunk. Other guys have run the cable to one of their fairing pockets (but that was a little too much work for me, and I don't have a phone). Works great!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Nice folks and good info on here...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Welcome Milton,,,,,,,,Everything that you want to do to your wing can be done. There is a wiring harness available that will do it all, however I cannot tell you how. Unless you are really good at that stuff you would probably be better off to have it done at a bike shop or dealer. I just had my GPS wired in today and it was more that I would want to tackle..I think the harness is available at Wing Stuff or Direct Line Parts. You can check them out on the web........Good luck
PS
If you use a Garmine Zumo 550 that can also serve as an I Pod and you can run your bluetooth off it.........check it out....

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Steeler34. Did you actualy ride the GTL? I'll probably never get a chance to, but from what I've seen I think like you. Straight line go should be impressive, but I'm not impressed with the cornering prowess(?) that's been displayed thus far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts