Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals :)

While poking around online for some info on Wing Ding (other than what is on their site :confused:), I decided to give this forum a try. Does anyone have any tips for older folks who don't get around really well due to age :(? We have just been riding our Gold Wing since Sept, 2011. We are sure we can handle the trip from home to Fort Wayne with no problem. Just not sure what to expect when we get there as far as walking and the distances between venues and events. How far are the campgrounds from Wing Ding events? Would a hotel be better? Your tips will be appreciated very much.

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Never been to the Ding in Fort Wayne, been to the Ding in Billing a couple times. Lots of walking, things weren't real close together. If you get in a Camp Ground with a bunch of other winger it can be a real hoot.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
hello mrsbulldawg, welcome to GWOF. this will be my first time at wing ding also. don't know how much walking there is or will be but i'm packing my rockports

·
Registered
363 Posts
Welcome,Give the GWRRA a call at 1-800-843-9460 they should be able to tell you all that you will need to know as far as hotels I checked no line a while ago and there were some that are already full. You can go to there and find listings for the area,I have already made planes to go. Hal

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
Welcome to GWOF!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't give you any information about Wing Ding. :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the forum From Massachusetts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Can't help with any info on the Wing Ding but welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Welcome to the site MrsB. I've never been to a Wing Ding either. There's lots of info in Wing World though.

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Like most events that have to do with motorcycles, there will be a considerable amount of walking around. Best to take comfortable shoes to wear while there and good boots for riding. (unless your boots do double duty). The events can be fun, especially if you go with friends, so have a good time...

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Can't help with your questions but would love to hear about your experiences. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
or is it the OldOwners Goldwing Forum????:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts